The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kampala, Uganda, with frequent travel to the project locations in the country.
Welthungerhilfe’s (WHH) country programme in Uganda is primarily focusing on Food and Nutrition Security, WASH and Skills Development in the emergency and development context of the country. The main and coordinating office is located in Kampala, field offices are based in Moroto, Namalu, Adjumani, Arua, Yumbe and Fort Portal. As Head of Programmes, you will support the development of the multiannual country programme under the supervision of the Country Director. You will contribute to its implementation and monitoring in order to maximise WHH’s impact on the basis of WHH’s strategy and relevant concept papers according to the organizations’ clearly defined quality standards.
- Coordinate WHH Uganda’s multiannual country programme and strategy development in close coordination with the Country Director
- Monitor the implementation of programmes and projects according to WHH quality standards
- Liaise with key stakeholders and important donors for the programme and represent WHH in coordination fora and relevant meetings
- Identify co-financing opportunities and ensure donor compliance
- Ensure a timely and correct reporting towards Head Office and donors
- Ensure the further development of the MEAL system and implement MEAL standards in the country programme
- Further develop the fundraising strategy of the Uganda Country Office
- Prepare, coordinate and facilitate strategic country meetings and workshops
- Represent WHH vis-à-vis other national and international, governmental and non-governmental bodies as well as relief and development organizations
- A university or college degree in humanitarian/development studies or an equivalent degree related to the position
- At least 5 years of relevant working and leadership experience in a similar position within an INGO
- Sound experience in project cycle management, MEAL and programme coordination
- Regional work experience would be a great asset
- BMZ, EU and/or GFFO donor experience would be an advantage
- Exceptional analytical and writing skills with a proven ability to secure complex donor funding
- Excellent coordination and facilitation skills
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for working in Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and writtten English skills and preferably advanced German language skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.