The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bangui, Central African Republic, with frequent travel to project locations in Lobaye and Ombella-M’Poko.
As Head of Project Agriculture you will be managing BMZ funded projects focusing on food security, resilience and social cohesion in southwestern Central African Republic. This aim is achieved through the distribution of seeds, strengthening farmers organizations, infrustructure development and capacity building in collaboration with public and private institutions such as the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) and the Ministry of Livestock. With this project, you will contribute to the relief and revitalization of agricultural production in the target areas, enabling local people to survive and earn a living for themselves and their families. In addition, you will help institutions be better prepared to handle critical situations related to the general operating context.
- Carry out the project(s) according to the rules and standards of the co-financiers and Welthungerhilfe, as well as in compliance with the Core Humanitarian Standards
- Ensure that all project expenditures are made in line with Welthungerhilfe’s financial and procurement policies and procedures
- Prepare key project documents, e.g. procurement plan, M&E plan, quarterly internal reports and reports to donors
- Ensure that the monitoring framework within the programme is implemented, including baseline data, secondary data, reviews, end line surveys and internal/external evaluations
- Manage the project team and all activities related to the project
- Develop support plans and strategies aimed at improving the capacity of farmers’ groups and cooperatives
- Develop and propose techniques to improve governance within the farmers’ organisations and partner institutions
- Implement appropriate teaching and learning strategies, orientation mechanisms and lesson/work plans to deliver content to target audiences
- Ensure an appropriate response to the humanitarian needs of target communities
- Support emergency programming and food security in the Country Office
- Ensure knowledge management and communication across project(s)
- A university or polytechnic degree in the field of Agriculture
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in project management of complex projects in different sectors (education and agriculture)
- Experience in organizational effectiveness and institutional support
- Proven experience in working with governmental authorities and farmers’ organisations
- BMZ, EU donor experience would be an asset
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in an insecure environment and commit to strict security regulations
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for travelling to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English and French; German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
- Job City Bangui