The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bentiu, South Sudan.
The position is based in Bentiu town, Rubkona county in Unity State where Welthungerhilfe (WHH) has been operating for more than 10 years, maintaining strong partnership with key donors such as WFP, BMZ, AA and GIZ. As Head of Project (HoP) you will be responsible for the management of WFP funded food assistance projects in Rubkona, Guit and Mayom Counties. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the overall management of WHHs food security projects mainly funded by World Food Programme (WFP). You will be expected to coordinate, plan implement and report on the WFP funded project interventions in the assigned area. Also you will ensure effective budget and human resource management and work towards sustaining good working relationships with all stakeholders, particularly the WFP field office in Bentiu.
- Manage all project aspects along the theory of project cycle management.
- Undertake all relevant programmatic supervision including and not limited to monitoring, logistics and finance administration of the projects under portfolio. etc.
- Together with project staff, plan for project implementation and assign the project staff to various activities and locations of the project implementation.
- Prepare high quality inputs to reports for both internal and external submissions.
- Identify potential new intervention opportunities and initiate and contribute to the development of new concepts and proposals for the target area.
- Ensure attendance at all project related cluster meetings in the state (and counties) to raise the profile of WHH and for sustained awareness of operations.
- Recruit and manage project staff in line with WHH HR documents.
- Represent Welthungerhilfe towards external parties (donors, Cluster meetings) to ensure good linkages with these agencies are strengthened.
- Relevant university or polytechnic degree (Agriculture, Economics, Rural Development, Nutrition etc).
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience and proven record in designing and managing FSL projects in fragile contexts, regional experience in South Sudan is an asset.
- Excellent record of working with UN donor agencies especially WFP and OCHA, and USAID Title II projects.
- Understanding of technical approaches to food security, climate adaptation, gender sensitivity and mainstreaming, conflict sensitive programming; experience in local governance and policy development is an important asset.
- Proven experience in humanitarian assistance program modalities including general food distributions, Food for Assets, Cash for Assets and Non-Food Items distributions.
- Proven management experience in leading a functionally diverse team
- Willingness to travel to remote and volatile locations, perform under high pressure and understand work life balance
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our Benefits”.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
- Job City South Sudan