Position Title: ICT Digital Skills Trainer
Working Location: Regional Resource Centre Karen, Nairobi, Kenya
Region: East and Southern Africa (ESAF)
The mission of the Position:
The Digital Skills Trainer works as a member of the Digital Skills Project for the Eastern and Southern Africa region based in Nairobi, Kenya. She/he is responsible for providing training to staff and programme participants to improve the digital literacy of Member Associations of the region. The Digital Skills Trainer is expected to deliver training on productivity tools, Windows operating system components and standard Business applications, furthermore, she/he will lead virtual-based training sessions and certification services.
- Regional ICT Director, East and Southern Africa
- Regional ICT4D Advisor, East and Southern Africa
- Regional Resources Centre Team.
- Member Associations in Eastern and Southern Africa
Key Performance Areas and Main Responsibilities:
- Conduct skill verification assessment to assign the correct certification module to co-workers based on the level of skills.
- Develop, and implement a virtual training program after thoroughly analysing training needs assessment.
- Design, implement and manage virtual training schedules.
- Integrate best practices in training schedules procedures and issues.
- Conduct face-to-face or virtual Digital Skills training and respond to any queries from trainees.
- Plan, conduct, manage and report remotely managed virtual Digital Skills training.
- Maintain, update, and report Digital Skills trainees register per MA and functions.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and meetings related to Digital Skills training.
- Work closely with trainees to make sure training and certification programs are conducted as per the guidelines and try to resolve queries and issues of trainees.
- Engage with the Digital Skills team to make improvements in the training programs by developing and evaluating the training manuals and methods for each training.
- Conduct Digital Skills certification exams in accordance with the standards set by the exam provider.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the training program by frequently evaluating the performance of the training.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to Microsoft Windows operating system, Microsoft Office application and Microsoft Productivity tools.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Abilities, and Behavioural Competencies:
- Knowledge of digital literacy and employability skills training methodologies.
- Understanding of ICT and software applications.
- Familiarity with TVETA compliance standards.
- Knowledge of face-to-face, hybrid, and virtual training methodologies.
- Awareness of best practices in adult education and training.
- BSc degree in Computer Sciences/ Information Technology/Information Systems
- Certified in Microsoft (MCSE/MCSA or equivalent) is necessary.
- ICDL Certified trainer is necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows client operating systems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office 365 services
- Proven experience in conducting training on Microsoft Office, Microsoft Client operating systems and productivity tools.
- Proven experience managing ICT training.
- Willing to Certify new technology training in the shortest possible time.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills. French/Spanish is a plus.
- Relevant three years of experience in ICT training
- Certified Trainer for Microsoft Office Applications and Office 365 Applications
- Certified Trainer for Microsoft Operating systems
- TVETA compliance is an added advantage.
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualification
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three referees as Single Document.
Applications that are late, or do not have CV or certificates attached, will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically through ICT Digital Skills Trainer in Nairobi | Careers at IBO Nairobi (icims.com). All applications should be submitted not later than December 13th, 2023.
“SOS Children’s Villages International holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasise to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.