Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Information Technology Specialist Consultant
Requisition ID: req12228
Project Overview and Role
- Nigeria SCALE project is a USAID-funded 5-year project (Oct 08, 2020 – Oct 07, 2025), implemented by Palladium in collaboration with the local resource partners. The goal of the Nigeria SCALE project is to strengthen the financial, management and advocacy capacity of local civil society organizations (CSOs) and Business Membership Organizations (BMOs) in Nigeria to create a more accountable, transparent, peaceful, and democratic Nigeria with more effective and efficient public service delivery.
- The SCALE project supports civil society organizations (CSOs) and business membership organizations (BMOs) across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities. The project is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria.
- The project has five main technical components:
- Component One – Improve CSO organizational capacity
- Component Two – Enhance capacity for CSO advocacy, collaboration and management,
- Component Three – Improve the policy and regulatory environment for civil society,
- Component Four – Countering Trafficking in Persons (CTIP), and;
- Component Five – Sector strengthening and advocacy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Palladium is looking to engage the services of an individual to design and build the SCALE Project website.
- The website’s main functions will be to showcase and disseminate the project’s activities and reinforce Collaboration Learning and Adaptation (CLA) between the project’s partners.
Under the overall supervision of the Policy and Governance Reform Advisor, the service provider will be expected to:
- Develop a user-friendly (both on the front and back end) design, layout and structure, all including strong visual language and a responsive design for the website by following an iterative development process with the involvement and support of the SCALE communications team.
- Explore and propose options to set-up or link to a virtual e-learning system for the project’s virtual capacity building activities.
- Integrate effective search and aggregate functions that interact with social media platforms, a discussion board, and linkages to an easily managed e-mail newsletter as well as managing visitors and those interested in receiving updates about SCALE.
- Provide guidance to the communications team on web hosting needs, security setups and administration privileges and controls.
- Develop a clear and accessible user guide and troubleshooting manual for the website and the Content Management System (CMS).
- Train the project’s communications team on how to manage the new website, CMS and easy to read user guide /training guide.
- Provide periodic maintenance as required for a period of 10 months after delivery of a new functional website.
- Ability to meet the technical requirements of the above scope of work, in addition to; At least 7 years of experience in developing, evaluating, and advising on IT systems and platforms for business operations. Thorough knowledge of process automation, project management and ICT.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Training on or demonstrated experience of security audit, infrastructure, and network design.
- Experience of monitoring and managing ICT systems and infrastructure for an IT project including database management, Storage Area Network (SAN), network, firewall etc.
- Experience in evaluating business processes, portfolio management & information system needs.
- Excellent knowledge of Information Systems, ICT best practices, and current application development methodologies.
- Deep knowledge of Content Management System (CMS) and Full-stack development.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with individuals of different cultural backgrounds, fluency in English is required.
- Experience carrying out similar tasks for development organizations like Palladium is highly desired.
Note: The application for this position requires a bid proposal to include the following: Financial proposal, breakdown and total amount in Naira, timeline and work plan outlining steps and timeline for completion (to be reviewed and refined together when bidder is selected) with the duration of design and development not to exceed two months, and links to at least 3 relevant sites that have been created by designer.
- Job City Abuja