The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Intern (Administrative & Finance Assistant)
SVN No.: CFCV2019.70
Location: Benin City, Edo
Organizational Unit: Resource Management
IOM Classification: Internship
Type of Appointment: 6 months Internship with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer, with technical support from the Resource Management Unit teams in Lagos and the direct supervision of the Project Officer in close coordination with the Project Officer (Benin City) the successful candidate will support the Resource Management Unit by carrying out the below tasks: The incumbent will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative support to the Resource Management Team;
- Assist and support the human resources representative in the day-to-day administration of the sub-office such as time management, information management etc;
- Assist in the drafting, review and submission of agreements with suppliers and service providers in compliance with donor requirements and internal guidance;
- Support in document management, record management and archiving of financial transactions e.g. monitoring tool for tracking office costs;
- Assist in the timely discarding of unwanted, depreciated, archaic materials according to the SOP’s, donor requirements and internal guidance;
- Perform any other related task as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Students approaching the end of their studies and preparing a thesis, or recently graduated, between 19 and 36 years old, who have less than two years of relevant working experience.
- Students holding a scholarship for internship placements in international organizations and/or for whom internship is required to complete their studies;
- Students sponsored by governmental/non-governmental institutions and/or academia to work on specific areas relevant to both IOM and the sponsor;
- Background in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resource Management, Economics and other related Social Sciences
- Fluent in English, Working knowledge of local language
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their Applications via email to: [email protected] indicating position applied on subject line
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2019.73 Lagos. INTERN (Project Assistant-Data Management)
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Edo