International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental andnon-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for thebenefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Programme Assistant
SVN No: SVN2021.047
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Organization Unit: Immigration Border Management (IBM
IOM Classification: G3
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term SST 6 Months with Possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of IOM Nigeria’s IBM Programme Manager, and under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant/Project Coordinator, the successful candidate’s primary role will be to provide technical support within the IOM Nigeria implemented projects. Additionally, the successful candidate will provide clerical support as requested to the full portfolio of IOM Nigeria IBM projects.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Provide clerical support to the work of the Senior Project Assistant/Project Coordinator and the Project Assistants / Component Coordinators in all aspects of their work, with a focus on the following areas:
- Support Senior Project Assistant in IBM-related w applications, software configuration and network component. Assist in providing technical support to required locations (HQ, state commands and border crossing points).
- Support Senior Project assistant in the projects’ documentation, preparation, and implementation of network systems, software deployment, and other IT-related activities.
- Maintain inventory of projects’ hardware and software equipment.
- Assisting in the preparation of seminars, conferences, workshops, meetings, presentations and missions related to the project, and undertaking duty travel to support project activities when required.
- Performing such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree /certificate in related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum three years (one year for degree holders) in related field;
- Previous experience in project administrative support an advantage, preferably within the United Nations system or the international development or humanitarian field;
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis
- Fluency in English and French (oral and written)., Working knowledge in one or more national languages
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Behavioural Indicators Level 1:
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2021.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to: [email protected] indicating position applied on subject line by and Click Here
In order for the applications to be considered valid.
IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line SVN2021.047 Abuja Junior Programme Assistant (IBM), G3.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- This position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity. Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
- Job City Abuja