The overall purpose of the project: Tools4SeedSystems: working towards resilience through root, tuber and banana crops in humanitarian settings is to enhance the effectiveness and appropriateness of USAID BHA’s agricultural programming investments in countries with RTB agri-food systems to achieve food security and resilience goals. The project is implemented by the International Potato Center in collaboration with the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, Alliance of Bioversity and CIAT, Wageningen University and Research and University of Florida. The scope is global, with two countries (Democratic Republic of Congo and Cameroon) targeted for the first 12 months. The purpose will be achieved by assessing existing interventions and needs, providing advanced trainings and technical support in partnership with local training institutions to private and public-sector stakeholders for seed value chains of RTB crops. Learning networks will be promoted utilizing recent research outputs and guidelines for investments, planning, and policy.
We are seeking a Knowledge Management consultant to support the project team in the following tasks:
- Establish, promote and run (virtual/on-line) learning networks, engaging CGIAR-NARI RTB breeding and seed networks, in-country national seed system stakeholders and humanitarian actors (specific focus on Cameroon, DRC, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Haiti, Madagascar, Mozambique)
- Coordinate upgrade Tools4SeedSystems website and coordinate the translation into French of the website (text and tool Description Sheets)
- Coordinate support for virtual training in use of RTB Tool4SeedSystems toolbox and feedback/reflections events for the learning networks
- Manage project hub/Teams site and effective virtual communication
- Technical support for digitized data collection (e.g., using ODK on tablets) for adapted rapid tools for use in humanitarian settings
- Establish & promote accessible data base of RTB crop variety catalogues/information (in collaboration with Seed Equal and ABI)
- Establish & promote accessible data base of RTB crop specific seed production manuals for EGS and field seed production for different types of users (e.g. research, extension, community seed producers).
- Report on design and set up of learning networks.
- Report on upgrade of Tools4SeedSystems, French version of tool description sheets.
- Report on progress with implementation of virtual training and application of toolbox.
- Report on technical support & training in use of ODK for data collection.
- Establishment of data base of RTB crop variety catalogues (user guide).
- Establishment of data base of RTB crop specific seed production manuals.
- Report on final learning network event.
- Final technical report for consultancy
- MSc in Knowledge Management
- At least 6 years of experience.
- Effective virtual communication tools, data base set up and management
- Good report writing and communication skills.
- Fluent in English and French (both written and oral).
- Consultancy contract will be for 150 days to be undertaken during the period from mid-October 2022 to mid-June 2023.
Applications: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website including a letter of motivation, a full C.V. with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on October 6, 2022 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The consultant will not be in contact with children or vulnerable adults.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
CIP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). CIP also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Conditions: This is a national consultancy position limited to Kenya nationals and permits residents only.