The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 implementing programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recovery of livelihoods of disaster-affected populations through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
Position: Light Vehicle Driver
Duty Station: Adama, with frequent travel to field sites
Salary & Benefits: 4,358 ETB per month plus 15% transportation allowance
The Light Vehicle Driver main job responsibilities includes; providing safe transportation services for IRC activities under IRC Adama field office project sites, care and maintenance of IRC vehicles and their accessories, accurate upkeeping of the vehicle’s log sheet, maintaining vehicles cleanness and making minor mechanical services as required, and strictly adhering to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Strict adhere to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
- Daily and pre-long distance vehicle checks. Accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet.
- Maintaining the vehicle clean, fueled and mechanically sound.
- Inspecting and maintaining all vehicle accessories.
- Advising the SC manager of pending inspections, insurance renewal or any defects or problems.
- Documents all fuel and other expenditure regularly and properly.
- Reports promptly to the Supply Chain officer losses, malfunctions or accidents in writing immediately events occur.
- Keeps vehicles clean and make minor mechanical services as required.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- TVET Diploma or High School graduate with 3rd Grade Valid Driving License.
- At least 3 years driving experiences for TVET Diploma holders and 4 years for High School graduate.
- NGO experience is a plus.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in English, Amharic, and Afaan Oromo languages.
- Thorough knowledge of road rules and regulations.
- Skills in routine vehicle maintenance and minor repair.
- Good team spirit, attitude, behavior, and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks.
- Job City Adama, Oromia