Length of Assignment: 7 months
Contribute to the implementation and update of the M&E tools and necessary processes (25%)
- In coordination with the Regional MEAL Manager, contribute to the proposition of methodologies for measuring the project’s impact
- Contribute to the implementation of tools, questionnaires and surveys that address program needs within MEAL plans
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of monitoring tools and provision of lessons learned on the MEAL processes when necessary
- Support and promote initiatives to evaluate the quality of the interventions, develop required tools and capitalize on findings and recommendations
- Contribute in the design of M&E systems (MEAL Plans, Calendars, Indicator Matrices, etc.).
Lead different M&E activities (35%)
- Supervise the process of information collection from the field sites, through questionnaires, observations and focus group discussions, focusing in particular on the following subjects:
- impact of HI activities on beneficiaries’ life conditions
- satisfaction of beneficiaries with regards to the activities implemented by HI
- potential complaints regarding HI intervention
- potential negative impacts of HI intervention on the community
- supervise the MEAL workers (if any) in the activities implementation at field level
- Properly use the data collection tools and templates, respect and apply the guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure data collected is entered and cross-checked on a weekly basis, using either Excel or KOBO
- At the end of the data collection process, conduct final data cleaning and preliminary analysis using Excel or Power Bi. Produce tables and graphics that will be used in the final monitoring and evaluation report.
Lead the data analysis and reporting on the M&E activities and project results based on Regional MEAL Manager requests (25%)
- Provide relevant analysis of the collected data and produce information on project’s outputs, outcomes and impacts
- Generate comprehensive data for reporting on key variables
- Generate comprehensive quantitative data on activities using the different follow up tools
- Promptly report on the collected information, participate in the reports writing process and collaborate with the MEAL Supervisor in preparing monitoring and evaluation reports.
- From data collection and meeting with beneficiaries, support the Regional MEAL Manager in formulating recommendations to improve HI activities.
- Participate in sharing information collected, findings and recommendations to program teams as often as required.
- Report on potential problems, challenges, or constraints faced in the field to the MEAL Supervisor.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the other departments of the organization.
- If needed, Maintain program records and regular archiving of all monitoring & evaluation documents
Contribute to HI Accountability and Learning (15%)
- With the Regional MEAL Manager and/or Accountability Officer support, participate in the review of internal compliant mechanisms policy and make it operational;
- Under the supervision of the Regional MEAL Manager, contribute to the development of simple mechanisms for the systematic collection of project updates, case studies and success stories, by liaising with project’s teams and support the ope-rationalization of the lessons learned guidelines;
- Provide regular and record feedback (for beneficiaries and partners) through the Regional MEAL Manager or by delegation, related to planning, tools to be adopted and achievements to enhance project performance;
- Keep record of the lessons learned and the recommendations provided (mainly by evaluators) and support the follow up as needed;
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field;
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of humanitarian assistance, including at least 2 years’ Monitoring and Evaluation experience, including in the design of monitoring tools, data collection, data analysis, visualization and report writing.
- Experience with HI and/or knowledge of its fields of action and approaches is considered an asset
- Understanding of the Accountability and learning protocols and processes
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including WORD, POWERPOINT and EXCEL
- Experience in working with vulnerable groups
- Experience in Power Bi.
- Ability to respect the deadline and work under pressure
- Very positive personality, with a strong orientation towards solutions
- Adaptability, flexibility
- Autonomy in work
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of Arabic and very good knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
- HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
How to apply
Interested candidates may please send their resume with a cover letter to reach on or before the above-mentioned deadline Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please address all applications through email to: [email protected]
- Job City Cairo