Migration and Displacement Team Lead
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
The Regional Programming Unit’s over-arching goal for the period 2019 – 2021 is to ensure regional accountability for child rights, with the aim that children in the East and Southern Africa Region (ESAR) are safe and protected. The Migration and Displacement manager oversees the running and coordination of the Migration and Displacement pillar of the Regional Programmes Unit. The purpose of the Migration and Displacement pillar is to support the protection of children migrating and displaced through the engagement with multi country/regional institutions to address gaps in policy formulation and implementation and based on the work of CO and partners.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Contract Duration: 12 months
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
* Master’s degree in development studies, sociology/anthropology, migration or child protection
* Training in migration & displacement issues, policy influencing and children on the move
Experience and Skills
* 5 years in a management role with a budget oversight of at least 2 million USD and 5 years in managing operational delivery
* 3 years managing delivery through partners
* 3 years working on migration and displacement
* 3 years working on child protection especially children on the move.
* Previous leadership experience.
* 3 years influencing policy
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Experience with Save the Children, especially in terms of member relationships
* Distance management experience.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
- Job City Pretoria