Main objective of the role:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will lead the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Neglected Tropical Diseases Projects. Develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the NTD projects and other CBM projects. Provide technical assistance to the implementing agencies, particularly in relation to monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
· Develop an overall framework for monitoring and evaluation of CBM-funded NTD projects in South Sudan with a particular focus on strong evidence gathering and learning by the projects.
· Develop and revise tools for data collection, synthesizing and provision of statistical data required by CBM for internal use as well as for donor reporting.
· Support Program Manager in reviewing reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time for this grant/program.
· Reviews the quality of existing baseline data for the NTD programme and build monitoring systems on these in association with the project partners.
· Take lead in all program/ project evaluations, liaising closely with the Programme Manager and partners.
· Collects, collates and reviews reports from the projects, analyzing them for evidence of impact and identifying successes and challenges in the projects.
· Coordinates with project partners regarding reports and M&E activities, including monitoring visits to partners and project sites for quality assurance, training/mentoring and data clarifications.
· Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Partners and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
· Work with programme staff to design support plans to help partners adopt the reporting formats required by CBM.
We are looking for someone who has;
- Degree in, public health, community development social or development related studies;
- Additional training and qualification in undertaking M&E of development Programmes will be an added advantage;
- At least 6 years’ experience in similar role;
- Ability to implement and work with statistical tools and methods;
- Good communication skills for translating data from M&E systems into reports that suits different audiences;
- Experience working with international NGOs or international development organizations is a requirement;
- Understanding and practicing institutional donor requirements of major international development organization such IADC, DFID, BMZ, ENDFUND, USAID, UK AID, DEFAT and EU;
- Experience in training and facilitating stakeholder learning;
- Understanding and experience in supporting the role of communities and non-governmental sector;
- Capable of managing multiple responsibilities and able to deliver to strict deadlines
- Effective and easy communication style, able to relate to a wide range of people and cultures
How to apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to [email protected]
Application deadline: 1 October 2020
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who meet the qualifications to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at http://www.cbm.org
This position is local and subject to local employment and immigration laws. The job will be based in Juba South Sudan.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job City South Sudan