Under the Orange-Fleshed SweetPotato (OFSP) Puree for Bakery Applications in East Africa for Nutrition, Post-harvest Loss Management, and Youth & Women Economic Empowerment project, CIP’s project activities in 2021 are centered around nutritional evaluation of sweetpotato roots, puree, and processed products from partners in Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda.
In order to ensure that the turnaround time for analysis is within the projects’ timeline, a consultant is required to work on the large volumes of expected samples in the Food and Nutritional Evaluation Laboratory, FANEL located in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Ensure timely analysis of raw and processed products from different crops in the nutritional laboratory.
- Record data and analyze results using different statistical software.
- Interpret the results and write reports to be shared with project partners.
- Participate in laboratory training and maintenance exercises.
- Support lab activities to increase visibility/awareness of the nutritional platform as and when needed.
IV. Selection Criteria
- MSc in Food Science or related field.
- At least 6 years in a nutritional platform.
- Experience working in a nutritional evaluation laboratory analyzing different crops and processed products is required.
- Competency in statistical analysis using different packages.
- Ability to accurately capture data, good report writing skills and oral presentations to team members.
- Scientific publication(s) in peer reviewed journals will be an added advantage.
- Highly proficient in English (both spoken and written).
- Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary group.
V. Time frame
- Consultancy contract will be for 88 days.
Conditions: This is a national consultancy position limited to Kenya nationals and permit residents only.
How to apply
Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ including a letter of motivation, a full C.V. with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on May 11, 2021 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This consultant will not be in contact with children or vulnerable adults.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
CIP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). CIP also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
- Job City Nairobi