About the position
The Operations Associate is responsible for providing timely and efficient support to the Alliance procurement and management of front office.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in ensuring timely and cost-effective procurement process for Alliance Nairobi offices through the implementation of procurement best practices.
- Participate in conducting supplier assessment and identify qualified and capable service providers for key contracts and other supporting activities.
- Assist in all procurement processes, including shortlisting of vendors, tendering processes, evaluation of bids/offers, issuance of contracts, contract management and vendor appraisal
- Assist in Organizing Procurement Committee meetings, and take minutes as appropriate
- Apply for all VAT exemption certificates, and maintain an up-to-date database of the same
- Issue Purchase orders, file and maintain updated records of all purchase orders with support documentation, including invoices and delivery notes
- Assist manage all major contracts through periodic review with the service providers.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences, accommodation for Alliance staff and their guests.
- Receive and attend to Alliance calls and visitors, directing them accordingly and manage the online calendar for booking the Alliance -Kenya Meeting room.
- Maintain Alliance office sound procurement documents, duly approved by authorized signatories
- Maintain up to date list of supplier List and all frequently used hotels and rates
- Managing the Kitchen Supplies to ensure availability and timely replenishment.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, but also participate as a team member of accomplishment of duties.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good judgment and a
- high level of respect for confidentiality.
- Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritize and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure.
- Highly effective planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills with a positive attitude and strong administrative service orientation.
- Strong management, decision-making and analytical skills Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to Alliance’s mission and core values.
- University degree in Procurement/Logistics/Business Administration or related field
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in a closely related field gained in an international organization
- Good knowledge of rules, regulations and procedures of government and related agencies
- Strong proficiency of the English language, both written and spoken
Applicants are invited to visit our website to get full details of the position and to submit their applications. Applications MUST include reference numberRef 102703-Operations Associate as the position applied for. Application and CV should be saved as one document using the candidate’s lastname, firstname for ease of sorting.