The Mitchel Group, Inc. (TMG), a US-based International Development organization, is the implementing partner of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Ethiopia’s “Partner Liaison Security Operations (PLSO) Contract. The purpose of the PLSO is to serve as a liaison to and facilitate communications between the USAID/Ethiopia’s implementing partners (IPs) and USAID/Ethiopia to enable the IPs to use and share publicly available information as a decision support mechanism. This will entail proactive engagement on the part of the PLSO, including meetings, site visits, and written communications. The PLSO will assist in the more effective delivery of U.S. Government-funded assistance, as it will enhance the IPs’ ability to stay abreast of security concerns and better secure their operations so that IPs can more aptly perform and advance development objectives under their respective agreements.
This operation will be located in Ethiopia outside the US Embassy Compound. The PLSO will provide security support to USAID/Ethiopia’s IPs operating throughout the country.
Specific Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manages the financial management, operations, and administration components of the PLSO in the country by ensuring consistency with TMG’s standard operating procedures, policies, and accounting principles, as well as compliance with USAID regulations;
- Oversee the overall financial management of the project including but not limited to overseeing contract compliance; monitoring project budget and expenditures; travel management, procurement, making cash flow projections, reconciliations, and ensuring timely financial and VAT reporting in accordance with USAID requirements;
- Supervision of the administrative assistant and the logistics, transport and procurement specialist;
- Management of the day to day operations of the field office to include developing and implementing financial, administrative, personnel systems, and liaising with the DCOP and Chief of Party to ensure that the project’s accounting, contracts, human resources, IT, and operations needs are met;
- Support of quality assurance of regional weekly reports submitted to Analysts by the field advisors
- Work under supervision and guidance from the COP, working closely with the DCOP;
- Responsible for HR and Payroll management;
- Act as bank liaison
- Performs other assignments and tasks as required by the COP and/or DCOP.
Employment Term: 10 months with the possibility of extension Depending on the availability of Funds
Reports To: Chief of Party (COP)
Number required: One (01)
Qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Degree in finance or accounting; business administration; management; international development or other related sector;
- Experience working with a USAID funded Implementing Partner and a sound understanding of programs or operations highly recommended;
- More than 7 years of work experience relevant to this position;
- Significant NGO management experience, preferably USAID funded contracts;
- Fluent verbal and written English skills;
- Excellent English writing ability critical (2 writing samples must be submitted with CV).
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated administrative management of budgets. Experience with USAID IP based procurement and financial procedures highly recommended;
- Ability to travel within Ethiopia as needed;
- Must be proficient in working with computers, the internet, and MS Office suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to attach a copy of their CV and cover letter indicating the Position and Duty Station and directed to [email protected] on or before Oct 30th, 2020. Senior Security Analyst position must submit two professional English writing sample.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Addis Ababa