The ambition of VVOB is to ensure learners around the world enjoy their fundamental human right to quality education, without exception. In striving for that ambition, we place our values ‘engagement’, ‘integrity’, ‘respect’, ‘quality’ and ‘innovation’ central. As Operations Manager you contribute to this ambition and these values by setting up, managing, executing, monitoring and optimizing our operational systems and guiding the operations team (Finance, Procurement, HR, Logistics) in doing so. As a key member of the management team, you know how to inspire direct reports to grow and change with us and you easily navigate between operations and strategy.
The Operations Manager reports to the Country Programmes Manager. You are part of and working closely with the other members of a country’s management team and you are responsible for the operations department, thus managing all possible direct reports within this department. Furthermore, you work closely together with the operations departments at the Head office.
- Maintain strengthen and oversee effective systems and procedures for HR management, and you manage HR policies and procedures aligned with global VVOB standards and local law.
- Maintain, strengthen and oversee effective systems and procedures for financial management, reporting and auditing and you manage finance policies aligned with global standards and local law.
- Oversee the procurement, logistics and administrative functions ensuring value, efficiency, and compliance of the organization to local and global policies. You review and manage contracts with suppliers and staff and ensure their compliance with relevant laws and donor rules.
- Provide strong organizational leadership (on-the-job mentoring, coaching, capacity development, change management) for your direct reports and you foster good relationships with and between partners and teams, supporting a positive organizational culture. Leading by example, you represent our organization towards external stakeholders in your field.
- You foster good relationships with and maintain closer collaboration between country office and Head Office (HO) operations teams.
- As the Operations Manager, you will also perform any other duty assigned by supervisors in line with the position holder’s capacities
Who are you?
Your expertise and experience
- Master’s degree in business management, accounting, law, public admin, HR management or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of Operational management experience in Finance, Human Resources and, procurement, preferably for the international cooperation sector.
- Experience in leading effective teams.
- Good ICT knowledge of Office 365 and spreadsheet skills.
- Language skills: fluent in English
Nationality: Kenyan national
What we’re offering:
- A full-time contract until 31/12/2026, with the possibility of extension depending on the availability of donor funding
- This position is subject to funding approval
- A dynamic working environment in an international context
- An exciting job in a growing organization with varied responsibilities and opportunities for professional development
- A competitive salary and benefits package
Read more about the job description on our website. Send your motivation letter and a detailed CV to [email protected] before February 13.
- Job City Nairobi