Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest for an Operations Manager for the recently awarded USAID/Malawi Modern Cooking for Healthy Forests (MCHF) Activity, which is considered a follow-on to the recently completed USAID/Malawi PERFORM project implemented by Tetra Tech. This new Activity will promote sustainable forest management of selected landscapes and promote sustainable energy options in order to maintain forest cover and reduce land-based emissions through the following objectives:
- Alternative energy sources and efficient cooking technologies adopted to reduce unsustainable wood fuel demand
- Local delivery of forestry services and sustainable use of forestry resources in targeted areas improved
- Regulatory and enforcement framework to support sustainable wood fuel production and use strengthened
- Government of Malawi’s implementation capacity of low emissions development in REDD+ and/or other Land Use increased
- Interventions leveraged with other USAID and development partners resources
This long-term position (up to 5 years) will be based in Lilongwe, Malawi with an anticipated start date in February/March 2020.
Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination and collaboration with project technical staff, the Operations Manager will oversee all operational aspects of the project and depending on experience level may supervise other cross-cutting units including Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL), Communications and Grants.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
* Collaborate with the MCHF technical and administrative teams to define support needs and put systems and procedures in place to streamline operations;
* Provide oversight to MCHF’s operational units to ensure compliance with procedures, documentation, and processes consistent with USAID and Tetra Tech requirements;
* Provide oversight to project events to ensure timely, professional execution in compliance with Tetra Tech policy;
* Provide training, feedback, and updates to project staff to build their capacity in USAID and Tetra Tech requirements;
* Supervise staff in assigned operational units (administration, finance, grants); and
* Other activities as designated and agreed with the Chief of Party.
Qualifications: (Minimum Requirements) Education:
A Bachelor’s degree in related field required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
A minimum of 5 years of experience with USAID project management (home office or in the field) including:
* Understanding of USAID & Tetra Tech project implementation, rules and regulations highly preferred.
* Demonstrated commitment to building team capacity in operations, finance, and at least one of MCHF’s cross-cutting units (MEL or Grants).
* Prior experience working in developing countries required, preferably in a development project context;
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
* Ability to clearly articulate ideas and issues both verbally and in writing;
* Demonstrated management and leadership skills;
* Proficiency in MS Office applications;
* Energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player.
* Strong report writing skills demonstrated through high quality contributions to work plans and progress reports
* Successful track record in a supervisory role and in providing feedback and guidance to technical and administration personnel
* Experience in Eastern/Southern Africa region preferred
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted
Apply online at:http://bit.ly/OpManagerMalawi
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability. AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
- Job City Malawi