PAH in Kenya is looking for a Partnership Manager
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH)
- Position: Partnership Manager
- Location: Kenya
- Contract details: 3 months probation period with possibility of extension
- Starting date: ASAP
What PAH is about:
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization employing people who want to make the world a better place. For over 25 years, we have been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide alongside with running missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions of both humanitarian and development character have been carried out in 49 countries so far. We concentrate on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Shelter, Nutrition and Education. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH in Kenya:
Our experience in humanitarian support in Somalia and South Sudan, allows us to expand our help and assist Kenya’s growth. In April 2018 we started our work in south-western Kenya in Machakos, Makueni and Kitui counties. PAH is implementing projects fully through Partner Organization with strategy to build local capacities. To ensure complexity of work, our projects correspond to water accessibility, hygiene promotion, countering the negative climate changes, agriculture entrepreneurship, and production growth.
In collaboration with local specialists, we implement new methods of collecting and treating water, trough building sand dams, shallow wells and water tanks in schools. We work with local agricultural cooperatives to increase employment and income generation in agriculture. We organize training courses in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) for local communities and administrations which enables them to act faster, create action plans and implement solutions to protect environment and prepare for future crises.
Who PAH is looking for:
PAH in Kenya is looking for a new Partnership Manager. The person will hold the following responsibilities:
Program development and strategy building
- · Development and implementation of PAH program strategy for Kenya
- · Growing project’s portfolio through identification of new funding opportunities and carrying out proposal development
- · Cooperation with program teams in South Sudan and Somalia regarding strategical plans for PAH Missions
- · Organization/attendance of technical meetings with Donors, Clusters, Partners and other Humanitarian Actors regarding PAH programs
- · Carry out partner mapping, manage a transparent selection process of partners
- · Represent PAH operations in Kenya in relationships with Donors, Clusters, Partners and governmental bodies
- · Coordination of project activities with Project’s Partners
- · Regular supervision of Partner’s activities
- · Organization and supervision of Capacity Building Activities for Partner Organization
- · Coordinate and control the timely and effective implementation of activities as well as use of budget and other resources
- · Program administration and reporting
What PAH requires:
- Post Graduate Degree or Degree with equivalent work experience from University/college in Development, Education, Livelihoods, International Relations, Risk Management (or equivalent)
- Relevant international experience of 3-5 years, preferably in an international NGO
- Proven proposal development/fundraising experience including with institutional donors: ECHO, USAID/OFDA, DFID, DEVCO and/or Humanitarian Fund
- Project Management Experience
- Demonstrated experience in partner capacity development, organizing and conducting training events
- Working knowledge of international mechanisms on DRR & Resilience, environmental protection and/or sustainable agriculture is desirable
- Strong communication skills in culturally diverse environment
- Thoughtful and enthusiastic internal and/or external ambassador for the organisation’s mission and values; intercultural appreciation; respectful, adaptable and flexible; can work independently as well as in teams
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (at least C1)
- Driving license
What PAH offers:
- A full time position with a probationary period of 3 months,
- Monthly salary calculated based on experience,
- A challenging, exciting and active job in an organization combining emergency and development work,
- Free cost of accommodation on PAH premises.
- Annual leave of 26 working days and days off in lieu of working weekends and holidays
- Flights home covered every 3 months up to approximately 1200 USD,
- Covered insurance costs up to USD 4000 annually.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your application form here including a short CV (max.2 pages) and a cover letter in English, no later than February 29th.
National candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The position is also open to international candidates.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
- Job City Nairobi