KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Policy and Research
- Lead policy relevant analysis and research, contributing to the development and drafting of FTA’s publications.
- Support the organisation and management of events, meetings and campaigns to ensure the implementation of the research, policy and advocacy plan regionally.
- Support and develop the capacity of FTA regional teams to generate materials and conduct other desk-based research and policy analyses and provide strategic support.
- Track and analyse global, continental policy and advocacy environment, recommending strategic opportunities for FTA engagement in addition to supporting the regions in undertaking country specific analysis
- Support the implementation of a MEL system to track the output, outcomes and impact of FTA’s work.
- Keep abreast and up to date with key issues related to the work of FTA including monitoring of policy related activities of key stakeholders.
- Represent FTA continentally at public engagement events
- Identify, and participate in networks in established FTA priority areas with relevant stakeholders and partners, providing salient information on a continuous basis.
- Network with continental stakeholders to build strategic relationships and deepen FTA understanding of key policy issues and advocacy opportunities.
- Represent FTA in relevant governance, planning, intelligence and lobby meetings of umbrella organisations and coalitions.
- Support the design of initiatives to build the capacity of FTA projects and producer organisations to more effectively engage in advocacy, strengthen linkages with key advocacy stakeholders.
Knowledge Management and Information Sharing
- Support the collection and documentation of impact stories for sharing, learning and advocacy.
- Contribute to the drafting of written materials and copy for social media as well as supporting digital communications.
- Respond to questions from FTA members and other stakeholders on key policy highlights and other written materials as needed.
• In collaboration with the regional teams and key FTA stakeholders, identify and lead resource mobilisation development opportunities contributing to concept and proposal development and donor reports.
• Establish and maintain all documentation, data and information systems related to research, policy and advocacy.
• Develop policy and research tools, frameworks and curriculum to strengthen the advocacy capacity of FTA staff and producer networks.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject (Public Policy, Political Sciences, Economics etc
- Certificate in Research methods, policy or advocacy
Experience and Knowledge
· 5 years’ experience implementing research, policy and advocacy initiatives in a not-for-profit organisation
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Experience conducting policy analysis and synthesizing technical information and materials for decision making for advocacy actions
- Experience in management or coordination of research, policy and advocacy-related events
- Knowledge of key international, regional sustainable goals agreements and conventions
- Knowledge of data analysis software e.g. SPSS, Stata
- Fluent in English;
- Excellent written communication for a range of audiences
- Strong research and policy development skills
- Presentation, training and facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Job City nairobi