Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Employment Type: Full time
- The State Program Manager serves as the primary point of contact in the state for technical and operational matters, acting as the key facilitator for interventions and cultivating positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- This role will oversee a state-based team responsible for managing outreach, supporting interventions, and overseeing the development and monitoring of interventions.
- The Program Manager will drive state work plans and interventions, ensuring their timely and appropriate execution, and provide task oversight to ensure high-quality implementation within the state.
- The State Program Manager will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- The State Program Manager will directly supervise the Kebbi state-based team, including the Health Financing Specialist, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist, and Administrative Officer, as well as any additional staff or consultants as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in a relevant field, such as International Development, Social Sciences, Law, Development Studies, etc. Master’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant professional experience, including at least eight (8) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of international development activities, with a preference for experience in democracy and governance activities under a USG instrument. Three (3) years of this experience must be in program management, including direct supervision of professional and support staff.
- Experience working in the democracy and governance sector in Nigeria.
- Prior experience in senior-level state counterparts management and coordinating civil society and private sector engagement in health, education, or water, sanitation, and hygiene sectors is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as proficiency in the local language.
- Job City Kebbi