PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position will lead in grant acquisition and management of a grant portfolio. Actively build donor relationship in support of acquisition. The job holder will lead program and proposal development and design for high-value, competitive, complex funding opportunities, in line with WVSudan strategy. S/he will help with the review monthly, quarterly and annual reports for submission to donors and Support Offices (SOs) ensuring quality compliance and donor satisfaction. The position will also support the creation and promotion of strategic alliances with donors, multilateral agencies, and other NGOs for purposes of resources mobilization.
Programming & Proposal Development (Grants’ Acquisition):
- Work with operations and finance staff to develop concept papers and prepare proposals (including logical frameworks, draft budgets, budget narratives, and monitoring and evaluation plans) for USAID/FFP and other major government, private and multi-lateral donors, aligned to World Vision Sudan strategy and capacity.
- Take a leading role on key bid elements including program design, strategic partnerships, presentation of evidence and demonstrated track record to ensure quality applications are submitted, with a high win rate.
- With the support of PDQA Director/Manager- regularly apply learning, emerging innovations, and best practices from project evaluations, field visit reports, project reports to the RISING project (EFSP) and across the program, and from other NGOs and donors to new proposals.
- Assist Program Development Manager and PDQA Director in identifying and defining funding sources from appropriate public donors to support existing and planned programming activities.
Grant Management & Compliance:
- Support the RISING (EFSP) Project Manager and other programme/ project managers and coordinators provide timely, detailed and quality reports to Support Offices and donors.
- Assist Program Managers to ensure they are compliant with donor regulations resulting in program quality. Where necessary, lead the revisions of original plans in close coordination with the Program Manager, SOs and external donors, based on sound impact analysis of proposed change.
- Ensure programme success stories are shared with communications to enhance the visibility of programming.
- Support monitoring and bring up implementation or compliance challenges with QA, Ops Managers, and donors.
External Engagement and competitive intelligence gathering:
- Provide regular, positive, and productive communication with respective WVUS and other Support Offices, the field, and partners regarding the implementation of program activities.
- Assist the Pragram Development Manager and PDQA Director to establish/ strengthen relationships/ linkages and networks with key resilience actors and leading NGOs to gather donor intelligence and build collaborative relationships.
- Advise WV on potential fundraising opportunities arising from donor strategies.
- Research, monitor, and utilize shifting donor strategy, funding, or regulatory information, and advise PDQA and Operations leadership of emerging trends that could positively or negatively affect the program.
- Assist in preparation and signing of technical agreements with line ministries and other government agencies.
- Plan and lead start-up workshop or process to ensure comprehensive hand-over of project to Project Manager and wider grant project teams.
- Use meetings and other forums to engage with operations staff to gather emerging challenges, lessons learned, and innovations to apply to future proposals.
- As required, support Operations in implementation challenges with hands-on capacity building and support in the field.
Knowledge Transfer/ Knowledge Management:
- Support Programme managers/ Project coordinators in compiling quality reports
- Share donor regulations with project managers to enable compliance with the specific donor requirements
- Upload all project documents for the SPO’s respective portfolio (final proposal, budget, assessments, reports, grant agreements and PIA/MoUs etc) on the knowledge management database.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Master’s Degree in Development studies or related field
- 5 years programming experience in a grant funded humanitarian or development program. Preferably with one or two previous assignments in a fragile context.
- Training in humanitarian standards is desirable with specific training in donor requirements e.g. USAID (including FFP and OFDA), DFID, ECHO, and local funding streams from UN agencies.
- Proven experience in networking with donors and partners to bring about funding opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize cross-functional proposal team (technical, ops, field, finance, M&E, Regional/HQ) with right staff at the right time to meet even the tightest deadlines. Can also effectively mobilize multi-partner proposal development teams.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and cultivate strong, collaborative relationships.
- Strong writing skills.
- RISING Project Manager & other Project Managers.
- FSL Cluster (National Level).
- Leaders and subject matter experts from other NGOs and stakeholders in the humanitarian sector.
- Technical leads and subject matter experts from within the World Vision partnership.
- Program development staff from other agencies.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong proposal writing skills.
- Team player; the ability to mobilize and work as part of a diverse team to achieve the overall goal.
- Work environment: Field- based – accommodation is in team houses.
- Travel: 30-40% travel within Sudan and other international destinations required.
On call: As required.
- Job City Khartoum