Project Assistant (A’ago SRH Project)
Amref Health Africa is an African-led international health development organization headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, Amref Health Africa envision to bringing lasting health change for Africain more than 30 countries across the continent. With a focus on women and children, the organization strives to overcome the most critical health challenges facing the continent: maternal and child health, HIV & TB, malaria, water and sanitation and health systems strengthening. Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia has been working in Ethiopia since 2002 in close collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health implementing a range of projects in maternal, neonatal and child health, reproductive health, health systems strengthening, health workforce development, water and sanitation, HIV/AIDS and non-communicable diseases across the country, supported by a wide range of multilateral and bilateral donors, corporates and foundations.
Amref Health Africa would like to recruit Project Assistant based in Awas 7 killo, Afar and will report to Project Manager.
Purpose of the Job
Under the supervision of Project Officer, the Project Assistant will be responsible for the implementation of the project including provision of technical support and capacity building activities for the project woredas, health facilities and community health actors to ensure sexual reproductive health is integrated and implemented for better outcomes. He/she will monitor day to day activity of the project and participate on project social work activities of project identification, community planning, follow up implementation and monitoring of the activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual detail social work implementation work plan
- Implementing action project activity together with district health office, health facilities, health extension workers, schools representatives and other relevant project beneficiaries.
- Carry out community mobilization activity and organize awareness creation campaign together with woreda health office staff, AGO Project Amref staff and consortium members.
- Ensure all project activity implementation are strongly integrated, aligned, coordinated and in synergy with AGO- project Activities.
- Conduct training on social mobilization & others for different health professionals & community representatives.
- Develop work plan that includes objectives and deliverables
- Coordination of activities within the context of the area and ensuring implementation in collaboration with government stakeholders and beneficiaries
- Provide technical advice or support in solving problems faced in the implementation period.
- Provide targeted technical assistance to projects through field visits
- Ensure project implantation in line with Amref Health Africa’s organizational objective and government policy, strategies and guidelines
- Planning and Facilitation of timely procurement of goods and services for projects
- Prepare and submit timely the monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual quality narrative reports to the project officers.
- Prepare work plan and cash advance request
- Work with the program accountant, M & E officer and procurement officers to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in resource utilization
- Actively participate in operations research, evaluations and assessments
- Organize and participate in review meetings, forums with partners
- Gather, compile and disseminate case stories from the field
- Effectively utilize the Amref information management system, HR information system and other knowledge management platforms
- Undertake other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Diploma in any health related field/public Health, Community development or sociology.
- 3 years relevant work experience on social work
- Good believe in team spirit and Organizational rule and regulation
- Familiarity with the government health system
- NGO experience is an desired
- Good interpersonal skills
- Communication & writing skills in both Amharic & English, local language of the operational area is plus.
- Excellent computer skills: Ms Windows, Ms Word and Excel,
- In addition the ideal candidate must have strong analytical, problem solving and networking skills.
- Be a team player and communicator and work under minimal supervision.
- Has experience in pastoralist community and interest to work in hard areas to reach pastoralist community.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
If you would like to join Amref’s team, please quote the position/reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter with remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, through [email protected],to the Human Resources Department, Amref Health Africa by P.O Box 20855/1000, Addis Ababa.
The closing date for submitting applications is 26th January 2020. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Telephone call to the office is strongly forbidden.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
- Job City Afar