Solthis is a global health NGO created 20 years ago, that works for prevention and access to quality health care for all, by strengthening health systems and services in a sustainable way. We work on issues of women’s, mothers’ and children’s health, and on the major pandemics, HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis. Solthis is a development NGO, present in West Africa with 6 country offices and which, in partnership with local actors, deploys projects including operational research, capacity building and advocacy.
Solthis applies a policy of non-discrimination in hiring based solely on the skills, experience and interpersonal skills of its candidates and does not under any circumstances base its selection criteria on notions such as gender, age, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious affiliation or state of health (pathology and/or disability).
We therefore encourage all applications.
In order to carry out our project in Sierra Leone, we are looking for a:
Project Coordinator, Knowledge Generation
Contract duration: One Year (renewable)
Duty station: Freetown
Availability: September 2023
Solthis is an international health NGO operating in Sierra Leone since 2011 where our teams have been providing comprehensive technical support at both health facility, national and community levels to improve quality of HIV care.
Solthis is seeking a qualified Project Coordinator knowledge generation to oversee the implementation of the Partnership to Improve Population Health in West Africa project funded by the Agence Française de Development (AFD) Group that will be implemented from september 2023 until August 2024 in Sierra Leone. This project will focus on knowledge generation(good practices and lessons learning) and dissemination of Solthis both current projects (NFM3 and PROSSAN II) and past projects (EMPOWER and PROSSAN I).
NFM3 project aims to strengthen the capacity of health care workers to provide quality integrated HIV services to accelerate the achievement of 95-95-95 target in targeted districts by 2024. Empower and PROSSAN aim to empower the users for good-quality HIV care, that is patient-oriented in Western Area Urban, Western Area Rural and Port Loko in Sierra Leone; and strengthen quality and access to health services and ensure that communities, particularly women and youth, actively participate in national health issues respectively.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the ProjectCoordinator knowledge generation will be responsible to coordinate analysis of past and the current Solthis projects results to generate and disseminate Knowledge, lessons learned and good practices; as well as ensuring the accountability towards the donor of the whole project
- Ensures the implementation of the Result 1 of the project activities according to the workplan
- Leads the whole process of the knowledge generation and dissemination in coordination with external consultants and NETHIPS.
- Ensures that all project documents, procedures and forms are available on site and on SharePoint.
- Contributes to the update of project management documents (action plan, project narratives, etc.) and to other programming exercises
- Coordinates with NETHIPS and provide technical support, when necessary, toward smooth implementation of planned activities of both NETHIPS and Solthis
- Anticipate any setback and propose potential solution for smooth implementation.
- Supports and guides the consultants for knowledge management and the implementation knowledge generation toward achievement of quality and high standard deliverables
- Oversees data collections process including NETHIPS data collection related activities
Monitoring and Evaluation/ Project Reporting and Communication
- Writes and submit the Monthly reporting of the Result 1 progresses to the Program Coordinator
- Participates in the annual reporting as well as to donor reporting
- Prepares the quarterly review and the annual programming of the whole project with the support of the Programs Coordinator
- Participates in the elaboration of the national and international project dissemination plan (e.g. abstracts, articles, etc.)
- Prepares quarterly project review with the support of the Programs Coordinator
- Maintains effective working Relationships with all members of the team, involved in the same project and with the NFM3 team members and in particular with the Program Coordinator
- Represents Solthis in TWGs when requested
You must have a post graduate university degree in Public Health, sociology or demography or in related development areas. Training certificate on knowledge management, lessons learning methodology and/or knowledge transfer will be an asset.
You must have at least 3 years of professional experience related to HIV project management, and ideally some experience in knowledge management. You master all aspects of project good practices, lesson learning and experience sharing, including facilitation of knowledge transfer process and production of good practices and lessons learnt deliverables
Qualities & Skills
You must be able to communicate in English with ease, both oral and in writing, and are known for your listening skills and diplomacy. You have a very good capacity for analysis and synthesis and are able to manage your stress. Knowledge of French is an asset
You have a good knowledge of data collection,analysis and visualization software as well as the Office pack
Depending on the contractual status (national or expatriate) and according to the SOLTHIS salary scale, depending on experience in a similar position
Composition of the file: CV, letter of application and 3 references (former managers)
To be sent to: [email protected]with the subject ” Firstname LASTNAME-Project Coord SL“.
Application deadline: 14/06/2023
Procedure: Successful candidates will be contacted for technical validation (test and after interview) and for an HR interview
Please note. Any application submitted after this deadline will not be considered. Solthis reserves the right to close the recruitment process before the end date