Project Manager- Education Can Not Wait ( ECW)
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for the, Project Manager (ECW) at our Western Regional Office in Rwamwanja. The Project Manager will be the principal representative of the project to the consortium and will work with Save the Children’s field, regional and country offices, but will have leadership responsibility for the overall management of the award. S/he will provide strategic and operational leadership to develop and implement a successful program. The Project Manager will ensure adherence to overall technical and programmatic quality in implementation, compliance with donor rules and regulations, and the timely submission of all deliverables, including annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, reports as required.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
* Minimum of 5yrs’ management experience including working in emergency response, direct experience in implementing large, multi-thematic and multi-location programs.
* Experience managing high-quality ECHO funded project(s).
* Experience managing large education programs for an international NGO.
* Experience managing livelihoods projects, including small business development.
* Demonstrated skills in program planning, and all aspects of project management.
* Demonstrated skills in leadership and supervision of staff and in building and maintaining a high performing team.
* Experience in promoting children’s rights and gender, including participation in programming, design, implementation and evaluation.
* Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
* Demonstrated knowledge of ECHO regulations and policies.
* Inter-personal skills to influence and guide staff and partners in identifying programming opportunities and resolving program challenges.
* Experience applying remote management techniques.
* Experience working in a refugee context.
The organization: We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
Application information: Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on December 16, 2019 at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Job City Kampala