Malteser International has been working in what is now South Sudan since 1996. MI implements programs related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Food & Nutrition Security, Livelihood, Health and Disaster Risk Reduction and Livelihood Building Programs. The various projects of Malteser International are located in Central Equatoria and Western Bahr el Ghazal.
In support of our work in Wau, South Sudan, Malteser International is looking for an experienced Project Manager (m/f/d).
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for the overall coordination of the project and to ensure implementation of project activities as outlined in the proposals, log frames and plans. The Project Manager is also responsible for the emergency response project in our program location in Wau and to maintain good relationships with the local authorities and partners. Providing the appropriate use of funds, proposal development and report writing to internal and external donors is also a main task of this position.
Professionally you will report to the Program Coordinator and work in close cooperation with the other Project Managers and Administrators on field level.
- Coordinate and technically monitor the implementation of all project activities according to the objectives, indicators, work plan and approved budget
- Ensure regular and proper project documentation and reporting according to donor and Malteser International´s (MI) standards, rules & regulations (interim and final reports, monthly reports) and link the project closely and pro-actively to the program level
- Lead the project team and ensure sound financial management (review, budget control), administration and logistics practices of the project
- Provide technical and managerial support to all team members in fulfilment of their duties according to project objectives and ensure compliance with MI policies and international standards
- Develop and put into practice appropriate and cost-efficient monitoring tools to improve the WASH conditions and Food & Nutrition Security situation regarding the expected results and indicators as mentioned in the log-frame, work plan and other relevant project documents
- Represent MI towards local authorities, partners and donors in close coordination with the Program Coordinator and Country Coordinator
- Assist MI management with any requests for information or data regarding program expansion or development
- Support the Country Coordination team in developing WASH programs and the MI project teams in planning and implementing WASH projects in their locations
- Monitor security situation in project area and ensure that staff follows security regulations
- University degree in WASH, Civil Engineering or comparable and/or technical/vocational training with relevant practical experiences in emergency relief/rehabilitation
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in planning, implementing and managing humanitarian or development aid projects
- Knowledge and experience in implementing integrated FNS (Food & Nutrition Security) projects
- Proven experience in administrative standards and requirements of donors (ECHO, AA, BMZ, FAO etc.)
- Diplomatic and negotiation skills in dealing with partners, different authorities, donors and institutions
- Excellent ability to lead a team, work in a team and to mediate
- Sensitivity for other cultures
- Good English language proficiency (written and spoken)
- Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Starting date: February 1st, 2021
- Duty Station: Wau, South Sudan
- Duration of contract: 12 months (with option of prolongation)
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package, accommodation in team house/apartment, 30 paid leave days per year, 1 home flight per year, R&R
- Please note that this is an unaccompanied position
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply online via our job portal: https://bit.ly/2JdZZt8.
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) by December 20th, 2020.
Malteser International is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all people, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, age, gender, disability, confession, or origin. Qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Job City Wau