AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF), the largest global AIDS organization, currently provides medical care and/or services to more than 350,000 individuals in 36 countries worldwide in the US, Africa, Latin America/Caribbean, the Asia/Pacific Region and Eastern Europe.
A truly independent voice in our mission to rid the world of HIV/AIDS, AHF’s operating capital comes from our own self-created social enterprises. AHF Pharmacies, thrift stores, health care contracts and other strategic partnerships generate funding that helps AHF provide medical and advocacy services to the thousands of people it serves.
Provincial Medical Director
AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF’s Core Values Are To Be
- Value Employees
- Respect for Diversity
- Fight for What’s Right
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Leadership and Management
- He/she oversees AHF medical operations in the province and supports the National Medical Director to efficiently and effectively deliver quality clinical services in the province
- Provides technical support to the Prevention and Treatment program and ensures linkage of outreach activities to treatment and care program through well-established processes of patient linkages and service integration
- Attends key technical partners meetings and provides feedback to management
- Ensures that CMEs are conducted in all sites and takes the lead in the facilitation of CME sessions.
- Leads the development of work plans for the sites within his/region
- He/she participates in staff needs assessment, interviewing, and induction of new hired staff.
- He/she participates in setting performance targets and staff appraisal, disciplining and addressing complaints of employees under his/her supervision.
- Ensures standard quality of clinical services is delivered at all AHF supported sites in the province. He/She will lead quality assurance initiatives in the province
- Provides regular and routine comprehensive support supervision to all facilities supported by AHF and reports back on the same to management
- Promotes the implementation of standard operating procedures for all activities relating to good clinical practice and ensures functional QI teams are in existence at site levels
- Supervises and implements quality management activities and quality benchmarks monitoring, facilitation of quality assurance and quality improvement sessions.
- Strengthens and ensures TB/HIV, PMTCT, ART, SMC services are delivered in an integrated service delivery model.
- Ensures optimal operations of the laboratory services, including functioning of sample referral networks at regional level
- Provides on-site technical support and mentoring to the field staff and coordinate M&E of the project
- Ensures effective patient flow in all sites, especially those with high volume of patients and coordinates time motion surveys to monitor performance
- Oversees the timely collection, compilation and reporting of routine and specific data to guide decision making at site, regional and country program level.
- Identifies early warning resistance indicators and intervention strategies
- Remains updated on current trends and standards in clinical management of HIV/AIDS and related illnesses
- Participates in the elaboration/monitoring of annual targets and ensure that they are achieved in all regional sites
- Is the point person for management of difficult cases in the Province
- Spends at 4 days per week providing direct patient care, mentorship of staff and one day for teaching, planning or report writing
- Provides direct supervision and mentorship to doctors, nurses, laboratory scientists, pharmacy technician working in the different facilities in the region to ensure continuous growth and learning
- Ensures timely compilation and submission of monthly drug inventory reports in coordination with the Program Pharmacist
- Works with the pharmacist to ensure that pharmacy operations are in accordance with good pharmacy practices
- Identifies and promotes operational research at site level and builds capacity among the staff in case presentations and elaboration of scientific papers
- Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees:
- Management Meetings
- Medical Directors calls at the Bureau
- Technical Partnership and stakeholders meetings
- General Staff Meeting
- Medical Staff Meeting
- Meetings with lower health units meeting
- CME activities
- Other meetings as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And/or Experience
- Must be a Medical Doctor from a certified institution. Additional qualification in Health systems management ,public health, Infectious disease or Internal medicine is required
- Minimum of Five years medical/health service experience preferred with a sound knowledge of basic medical disciplines to allow for accurate diagnosis and appropriate management of clinical problems.
- Five years or more of recent experience with HIV/AIDS treatment; two years minimum of administration and program management experience with knowledge of clinical protocols and procedures in the management of HIV related diseases.
- Experience in planning and budgeting required
- Experience in quality management and assurance practices desired
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Highest Skills: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) and its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Sensitivity to issues surrounding HIV and AIDS.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to provide coverage at other AHF sites upon request.
- Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Current registration with the medical and dental practitioners council.
- Job City Umlazi