Do you love challenges, think-out-the-box in a strategic approach with relevant experiences
and skills? Can you provide leadership by example with hands-on-attitude, able to formulate
solutions for everyday problems with cool head and get the jobs done approach?
Our client “SOMPRINT”, in Somalia is recruiting a Regional Operations Manager
to be based in Mogadishu,Somalia.
Key roles and task:
At Management level
• Hold regular meetings with Executive Director around fiscal planning and initiative
geared toward operational excellence, new products, services and market development.
• Identify organisation gaps, (knowledge, market, resources etc.), pioneer solutions,
implement outcome, monitor and evaluate impact.
• Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organization’s
mission – specifically, better management reporting, information flow and management,
business process and organizational planning.
• Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of departmental collaboration
through development of each department’s functions as well as coordination and
communication procedures between departments.
Marketing and Sales
• Develop and monitor marketing and sales objectives, targets and strategies with the
Executive Director and Head of the Department.
• Ensure the achievement of marketing and sales objectives by recruiting, selecting,
orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining
• Work with and support the marketing and sales team to achieve financial objectives by
forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures,
analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.
• Determine production (graphic design and printing) priorities by reviewing customer
order requirements and production schedules; analysing equipment, materials, and
employee availability; coordinating schedules with sales and delivery date.
• Synchronize all production departments’ functions and collaborations and overseeing
quality of work.
• Review, improve and enforce departmental work policies and procedure as well as
production and scheduling efficiency.
• Implement production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards.
• Manage supply and materials inventory.
• Review, develop and enforce work ethics, policies and procedure.
• Select, train, schedule and manage employee performance.
• Communicate job expectations and targets; plan, monitor, appraise, and review
• Responsible for problem solving, conflict resolution, and multi-tasking project
• Oversee, payroll, manage staff benefits and disciplinary actions.
• Develop and monitor annual budget in coordination with the Executive Director.
• Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
• Develop and monitor departmental budgets in coordination with the head of departments.
• Payroll management, including arrangement of accrued employee benefits.
Knowledge, Experiences and Skills
• Relevant MA or MBA degree from reputable university
• Minimum ten years of work experiences including a minimum of 5 years of experience in a
similar managerial role – essential
• Strong managerial track record with the potential to grow within the organization,
particularly, people management, sound financial management knowledge and reporting skills
• Strong analytical and technical skills – essential
• Solid exposure to the printing press industry, book binding, and graphic design –
• Experienced in managing workers in large production/manufacturing environments
• Pre-press knowledge (Software and Hardware) – desirable
• Exposure to Somalia market – desirable
• Good oral and written communication skills both in English and Somali language
• Strong PC/Computer Skills – essential
Interested applicants are requested to send the following to [email protected] on or before 18th Ocober 2019 and reference “Regional Operations Manager-SOMPRINT” in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Mogadishu