Title: Research and Development Associate
Location: Bamako, Mali
Report to: Chief Innovation Officer
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 – providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED.
About the Role:
We are always searching for different ways to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers, including new products, trainings, and services. The R&D associate will test inputs, manage pilot projects, and analyze results to make improvements. You will also increase the scale of successful projects. Reporting to theChief Innovation Officer, you will work on one or more opportunities to test new package and service ideas.
- Plan and execute projects from the start to finish. You are creative, flexible, and comfortable with new and changing contexts.
- Communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and build inspiration to reach common goals. You can explain complex concepts and grasp others’ understandings, which you will use to develop trainings and present them to field teams.
- Make difficult decisions and produce work in situations that are stressful or time sensitive. You are comfortable using data analysis and learning new skills.
- Use existing pilot data to improve poultry package, including incorporating farmer feedback into modifications and finding new suppliers
- Develop tools and training curriculum for project implementation
- Train field teams on implementation of the poultry project and other pilots
- Set up measurement and data management systems to inform decisions
- Anticipate challenges and set up the team to achieve their goals
- Use insights from pilots to improve and scale up projects
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2 years of work experience and significant project management experience.
- 1 year of experience working in research and development
- Proven ability to work independently on projects
- French and English proficiency
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
- Job City Bamako