DanChurchAid (DCA) invites applications for an experienced Security and Access Manager for the South Sudan programme. This is a non-family position based in Juba, South Sudan with frequent travel to programme areas.
The DCA SS programme is a well funded programme with a decade long footprint in country and over 80 staff. The DCA South Sudan Country Programme comprises a diverse portfolio of activities including cash transfers, NFIs, risk education and de-mining.
You will conduct training for staff and programme partners, facilitate the development and implementation of appropriate plans, standard operating procedures and contingency plans. You will provide expert humanitarian security and access advice to all levels of DCA staff, including casevac drills, incident reporting, access negotiations and mediation, context and conflict analysis, advisories, and incident management.
You will work in a potentially hostile and arduous environment, where there is a need to demonstrate a calm, positive and self-motivated attitude. Conditions such as these require a level head, attention to detail, a willingness to develop and implement humanitarian projects that reflect community needs in innovative ways.
If you have all of these compentencies, and you are looking for an opportunity to continue your career with a highly regarded NGO and apply your skills and qualifications in a role that helps communities save lives, then we would love to talk to you.
You must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Security awareness
- Logical thinking
- Strong coordination, planning and management focus
- Strong leadership, team building and strong interpersonal skills
- Team spirit
- Sound judgement
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Flexibility and cultural awareness
- Computer literacy essential including proficiency in excel, word, power point, mapping, etc.
- Fluency in English is a must and a working knowledge of Arabic and Kurdish is an advantage.
You must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, humanitarian affairs, or security management. Alternatively, a technical degree or certification in a related field with considerable field experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of NGO work experience within international humanitarian assistance programmes with demonstrated capabilities in planning, organizing and executing humanitarian security operations in the field.
- Understanding the humanitarian principles linked to NGO field and operations contexts.
- Advanced knowledge in communications technology.
- Strong experience as a trainer; ability to develop, implement, facilitate and impart learning to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to gain a precise understanding of the various local, regional, country and international policies, operational positions and interactions, providing clear dynamic briefings and analysis of given and unfolding security and political situations when they occur.
- Solid ability to provide team-building, coaching, and development for staff as well as encourage cross-functional collaboration and cooperation
- Experience working successfully with local stakeholders such as local and international NGOs, government, etc. with sensitivity and diplomacy
- Fluency in English
- Country experience strongly preferred.
As Security and Access Manager you will have the following overall responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the Country Director on all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security and programme continuity in South Sudan;
- Travel regularly to field locations in South Sudan including locations where DCA has its own compound as well as locations where DCA works with partners;
- Evaluate, review and update the security management plans on a regular basis. Reference and ensure compliance to DCA Security Management Framework within the SMP and all annexes;
- Work with PMs to develop, consolidate and implement operating procedures and contingency plans;
- Evaluate, review and update HRE plans for all DCA offices and residences in South Sudan and ensure that the practical preparations are in place and known to all staff involved;
- Develop ongoing relationships with local authorities and other power brokers within South Sudan. Work to ensure that DCA, its mission and work in the areas of operations is known and accepted by all stakeholders.
- Liaise with all relevant security actors;
- Collect and compile all security reports for DCA South Sudan;
- Provide safety briefings to new staff and visitors;
- Provide regular trainings for DCA staff on security preparedness, prevention and response. Training(s) may include Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs); Contingency Plans (CPs); Security Management; Incident Reporting; Prevention and Response Mechanisms; Communications protocols, etc.
- One year contract starting 15 July 2022 or earlier.
- A competitive salary package, R&R, 30 days of annual leave.
- Good colleagues in a rewarding and empowering work place.
- Insurance as per industry standards.
- An interesting and challenging experience addressing humanitarian needs.
When applying, you are kindly requested to attach a copy of relevant certificates, together with your CV and motivation letter that clearly demonstrates experience of competencies as required. Please note all qualifications will be verified.
Deadline for applications is 31 May 2022. Initial Teams interviews will take place on 8 June and possible 2nd interview on 10 June. For further information please contact Janardhan Rao, Country Director, email [email protected]
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Job City Juba