Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Security & Logistics Coordinator
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Category: Security & Logistics
Location: Michika, Adamawa State
Employment Type: Full time
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Reports to: Project Director
Terms and Conditions: The appointment will be for a one year based on annual contract extensions period depending on performance.
- Under the supervision of the Project Director and in collaboration with the Nuru International Field Team Security Program Specialist, the general purpose of the position is to ensure the proper and effective implementation of the Nuru Nigeria Safety and Security Program and to provide technical input, guidance and support to the Project Director and Nuru Nigeria programs.
- S/He will manage and implement the Safety and Security Program
- S/He will work closely with the Nuru International Field Team Security Program Specialist (FT SPS) in the development and implementation of an effective strategy to mitigate risk, maintain continuity of operations, and provide for the safety and security of all staff
- The Security Coordinator shall serve as expert on all safety and security related matters. Working with the FT SPS, S/He will be responsible policy development and implementation which ensures the safety and security of staff members, program activities, assets, and field activities at Nuru Nigeria
- S/He will also ensure that security protocols and mechanisms are in place to address security challenges which are unique to the project
- S/He will provide direction and technical support in developing and maintaining context-specific field security and contingency plans.
- Serve as the primary focal point for the safety and security of Nuru Nigeria
- Provide technical support to the project in the following areas:
- Security / risk assessments;
- Scenario planning
- Crisis / contingency planning
- Other security-related functions
- Advise management on matters related to staff, property safety and security
- Continuously assess the protection needs and gaps of the project in current and prospective areas of operations, periodically update the protection situation analysis and inform accordingly
- Undertake field visits to the projects’ locations as needed to continuously monitor the progress and the quality implementation of the protection projects’ activities
- Investigate all safety, security and risk management related issues
- Report in a timely manner any security related project challenges or delays faced, loss or damage occurred, fraud or misuse detected
- In cooperation with the management and HR staff, assess and conduct hiring of future safety and security related staff
- Contribute to supervising and evaluating the performance of all safety and security staff.
- Perform any other duties as required by and instructed by the Project Director
- Provide safety and security related training sessions to staff, communities and stakeholders
- Build the capacity of specialized and non-specialized staff, as well as community volunteers and stakeholders in matters relating to safety and security
Plans and Policy:
- Develop and update security plans, contingency plans and crisis management plans
- Develop and update organizational policies and procedures in accordance with best practices and ensure their implementation
- Ensure the Safety and Security Programs is designed, planned, budgeted and implemented in a sustainable, accountable and transparent way
- Work closely with the colleagues to ensure the integration of the Safety and Security Program within Nuru Nigeria day to day operations and interventions
- Monitor security conditions and liaise with external agencies (UNOCHA, UN, NGO coordinating bodies, local governments, etc)
- Encourage and maintain active exchange of safety and security information within the region on useful news, publications, tools, best practices and lessons learned
- Facilitate the shipping of products from one destination to another
- Arrange transportation, schedule staff, and orchestrate their movement with little to no delay
- Supervise team within the NN security program
- Receives products and coordinates delivery within Nuru Nigeria Programs
- Takes steps to avoid quality control issues
- Makes sure warehouse capacity is kept at optimal levels
- Delegates assignments to warehouse and inventory clerks.
- Ensures that all direct report employees work efficiently.
- Accepts and signs for deliveries to Nuru Nigeria warehouse / store
- Coordinate in unloading new supplies.
- Organized and coordinate inventory around the Nuru Nigeria warehouse / store.
- Uses computerized inventory software to maintain records of all products and supplies.
- Ensures that receipts & warehouse records match up with physical inventory.
- Work with the procurement officer to oversees the processing & acquiring of programs orders.
- Ensures that all orders are delivered to Nuru Nigeria Programs in a timely fashion.
- Addresses and resolves any issues with delayed procurements.
- Orders supplies to replenish inventory as needed.
- Maintains and manages delivery schedule.
- Ensures that all expenditures stay within Nuru Nigeria budget.
- Ensures that all conveyance and organization deadlines are met.
- Reports any problems, issues, and losses to Project Director
- Education: B.Sc required, NDA graduate preferred
- At least 6 years, +8 preferred, of security experience in government or military organizations
- Demonstrated experience with implementing security strategies, policies, procedures and standards, or equivalent military experience
- Demonstrated experience with risk management
- Clear understanding and experience regarding security / conflict situations pertaining to Northeast Nigeria, preferably specialized knowledge of Adamawa and Borno States
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner
- Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills required
- Structured, organized with the ability to multi-task and support other people under stressful conditions
- Highly analytical skills and ability to assimilate and process information on a wide range of security issues
- Attention to detail and ability to follow procedures, and work both independently and cooperatively with team members
- Understanding of gender mainstreaming and gender equity; ability to promote inclusiveness and respect diverse perspectives
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
- Must be able to speak fluent Hausa, preferred skill in spoken Fulfulde and Kanuri also
- High level of integrity and honesty.
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Competitive salary
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and disability, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Resume / CV to: [email protected] Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line of your email.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Adamawa