The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Senior M&E Specialist, Health Informatics
Job ID: 13-10928
Group / Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A607 – Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports to: Director, Monitoring and Evaluation
- The M&E Specialist, Health Informatics [EMR] as a member of the project M&E team is to contribute to the overall attainment of project objectives.
- H/her primary focus will be on ensuring project EMR platform and EMR-related operations are of topmost quality and effectiveness.
- Influence the project leadership towards delivering on project health informatics-related mandate
- Represent project in Health Informatics-related groups.
- Work with stakeholders on the development and roll out of health informatics products.
- The health informatics team will lead the design and execution of capacity and skill transfer schemes for stakeholders.
- To provide technical assistance and support in the development of health informatics-related products.
- Represent the project in Health Informatics-related groups.
- Support and review the work of consultants working on project-supported health informatics deliverables including but not limited to strengthening of DHIS2, development of interoperability systems and user-friendly interactive data use products.
- Support the development of guidance documents, manuals, concept notes and SOPs.
- Support the achievement of interoperability of multiple in-country electronic platforms.
- Support the design, development and execution of capacity transfer systems.
- Development of customized interactive data use products
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc. / HND in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or any other degree with demonstrable expertise on the subject matter.
- Minimum of 5 years designing and deploying EMR systems
- Solid experience on database platforms in-country including but not limited to EMR, DHIS2, NAVISION.
- DHIS2 developer or super user experience.
- Experience with development of mobile EMR applications
- Experience with the national health management information system
- Experience designing, developing, executing and or supporting interoperability between EMR and other platforms including DHIS2.
- Minimum of 5 year working with RDBMS in particular MySQL. knowledge of PostgreSQL is an added advantage
- Experience developing interactive data use products
- Experience designing and executing capacity transfer schemes/exercises.
- Strong experience with Power BI or advanced excel, is an advantage.
- A solid understanding of M&E is a plus
- Must have excellent knowledge of Java programing language and familiar with JavaFX, Open Web App (OWA) and other java libraries
- Must have excellent knowledge of and experience in MySQL
- Competence in Python, R or equivalent programming language
- Ability to write at least 2 programming languages
- Strong competence in advanced excel and or Power BI
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMS
- Very good hands-on experience working with Linux and Windows OS
- A solid knowledge of the SDLC process
- Very good practical skills working with Tomcat and Apache web server
- Ability to deploy and manage virtual machine
- Extensive experience in computer hardware, network design and switching
- Ability to develop simplified algorithm from user specification
- Very quick in resolving software issues around Linux and windows OS
- Experience working with any electronic medical record system particularly Open Source
- Experience organizing/formatting of source code
- Ability to use analytical soft wares
- Excellent organizational skills, great attention to detail
- Strong experience in the development of procedure manuals, SOPs and guidance documents
- Excellent communications skills, including writing and oral presentation skills.
- Good analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills.
- Job City Abuja