Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Operations Manager – Task Order 2
Requisition ID: req12238
Project Overview and Role
- IHP is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia / diarrhoea.
- This program will work closely with state-level government officials to support established state-level Health and Development Plans, build capacity, and promote ownership of interventions, systems, and results. Specific interventions will need to be tailored to local contexts and will be fully developed at state and Local Government Area (LGA) levels. Through agreements with individual states, the program’s potential breadth is the entire country with an emphasis on the north.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in overseeing overall operations at ACO and provides operations guidance and oversight for IHP state offices.
- Works with finance team and technical leads to manage and forecast cash needs for Nigeria offices.
- Regularly reviews operations practices, develops, and optimizes internal operations policies, and provides feedback on risk mitigation strategies
- Performs project procurement as per the procurement policies and donor regulations including maintaining vendor lists, solicitation of quotations/proposals, and documentation of procurement decisions and contracts, and managing vendor relationships.
- Ensures timely receipt of quality services/goods and best value for the price; ensures that vendors are timely paid and procurement contracts are closed in order; manages office facilities, equipment, assets, vehicles, IT, etc.; and maintains up-to-date assets registers.
- Adheres to and trains relevant staff in all project administrative and operations policies and procedures
- Coordinates with operations team in HQ DC to initiate vetting processes for vendors, consultants, new hires, etc.
- Supports HR recruitment, onboarding, maintenance, retention and separation processes across the task orders.
- Ensures that the Project Fixed assets and consumables inventory are comprehensive and up to date and reported accurately.
- Supports internal and external audits as may be required from time to time.
- Reports to Director of Finance and Administration
- A college education with the equivalent of a Master’s, PhD and / or MD with 10+ years of experience.
- Requires 10 – 14 years of related experience. (OR advanced degree with 7+ years related experience).
- Has significant management, leadership, and functional/program experience to execute operational objectives and work plans.
- Expert on delegating assignments to subordinates and tracking to completion. Senior management reviews objectives to determine the success of operation.
- High level computer literacy in the use of Microsoft Office applications and skilled in business analytics.
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to new environment easily.
- High level compliance to policies and efficient in delivery of responsibilities.
- Job City Abuja