EnCompass seeks (Senior) Operations Manager candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) program in Ghana. This anticipated project will provide USAID/Ghana with services focused on supporting and facilitating USAID’s capacity to utilize MEL approaches in service of improving development outcomes, and on strengthening the organizational capacity of USAID/Ghana’s strategic partners.
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the (Senior) Operations Manager will serve as the overall lead for all financial and administrative (F&A) aspects of the project. Potentially managing a small team, they will serve as the lead for accounting, finance, invoicing, procurement and other F&A functions as required by the contract. They will work directly with the Chief of Party to ensure full compliance in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, functioning of financial processes as well as maintaining internal controls for all activities.
The position will be full-time and be based in Accra, Ghana with travel throughout the country.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Maintain oversight of finance, procurement, human resources, and operational activities of the field office
- Establish procedures for stewardship of financial operations, including accounting/banking, payroll, subcontracting, procurement, etc.
- Ensure all activities and operations maintain compliance with local laws and USAID rules and regulations
- May develop, execute, and manage consultant, subcontractor, and vendor agreements, authorize and approve payments to consultants, subcontractors, and vendors
- May manage local payroll and reporting
- Develop, analyze, and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
- Execute all budget and financial tracking and reporting requirements and respond to related inquiries by USAID and the EnCompass Home Office in a timely fashion
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related discipline; a graduate degree is preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience managing, in roles of increasing responsibility: finance, procurement, accounting, logistics and/or human resource related matters for international development activities of a similar contract size
- Knowledge of US Government financial reporting and compliance processes and requirements, particularly relative to USAID highly desired
- Knowledge of applicable Ghanaian laws and policies on financial and procurement procedures and human resources
Experience and Skills
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Excel highly preferred
- Experience supporting donor funded procurements and subcontracts preferred
- Previous experience working in USAID-funded programs desirable
- Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Familiarity with USAID/Ghana Mission is preferred
- Superior skills in English, both written and verbal, required
- Ghanaian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Job City Ghana