MiracleFeet is a global nonprofit working to eliminate a leading cause of physical disability worldwide. Over two million children live with the severe consequences of a treatable birth defect known as clubfoot, and at least 175,000 more babies are born with it every year. Thanks to a non-surgical solution called the Ponseti method, 95 percent of cases can be fully treated for less than $500. Since 2010, MiracleFeet has scaled this proven, low-cost treatment to 29 countries where children previously had limited or no access to care. Still, today fewer than one in five children has access to treatment. In West and Central Africa, our program focus countries include The Gambia, Guinea, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Republic of Congo, Senegal, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone.
The Senior Program Field Officer (SPFO) will support the facilitation, development, and implementation of national-driven programs aimed at timely and equitable treatment of children with clubfoot in West and Central Africa. The SPFO will support the program team in leading MiracleFeet’s Nigeria expansion efforts, communicating with field partners/stakeholders, and reviewing, evaluating, and monitoring MiracleFeet-supported clubfoot treatment projects. The work of the SPFO will consist of keeping abreast of relevant issues, trends, and policy developments relevant to clubfoot and public health; building and maintaining relationships with other key stakeholders especially partners; and participating in stakeholders collaboratives. Additional responsibilities include participation in cross-programmatic and organization-wide activities, and development and implementation of strategies and clubfoot grantmaking best practices. The SPFO reports to the Program Manager (PM), West and Central Africa and works closely with the rest of the program management team. The position is based in Nigeria.
Program Development, Monitoring and Strategic Planning
· Lead MiracleFeet’s Nigeria expansion efforts while supporting the planning, development, implementation, and monitoring of program and partner activities.
· Develop and advance partnerships and assist in growing MiracleFeet’s network of strategic allies in West and Central Africa.
· Strengthen relationships with project partners in West and Central Africa, providing programmatic assistance, appreciative coaching, and empathy.
· Facilitate, conduct, and maintain due diligence in sourcing, screening, selecting, evaluating, and strengthening existing and potential partners.
· Guide partners to be sustainable and impactful in their day-to-day work and to thrive beyond MiracleFeet’s funding while promoting advocacy activities with key government leaders and other decision makers.
· Ensure that clubfoot programs are designed and implemented in alignment with MiracleFeet’s core values, and in line with the RunFree2030 Global Plan.
· Meaningfully and actively support MiracleFeet organization-wide activities, events, and campaigns to advance the treatment of clubfoot in West and Central Africa.
· Together with the PM provide on-going support and capacity building to partners and provide direction and guidance in day-to-day program coordination and implementation in accordance to MiracleFeet’s organizational priorities and strategic approach
· Support the PM in developing plans with partners to ensure growth, quality, and sustainability in all programmatic activities, including guiding the partner in the development and implementation of their scopes of work, budgets, work plans, and grant agreements.
· Work closely with local partners to develop plans to further improve quality of treatment as well as outreach, identification and referral processes, and treatment compliance.
· Contribute to the integration of clubfoot into the public health systems in West and Central Africa while supporting the strengthening of health systems through activities such as identifying opportunities for workforce development, information systems, and access to services.
· Assist partners in data-driven decision making through analysis and interpretation of program outcomes utilizing innovative tools such as Salesforce, and CAST.
· Provide support to and work closely with Application Systems Analyst and support efforts in data collection and utilization for decision-making.
· Provide programmatic support to partners to achieve Key Performance Indicators embraced by MiracleFeet and Global Clubfoot Initiative.
· Advise partners on best practice approaches, and information on organizational effectiveness, governance, and leadership, as well as strategic planning as appropriate.
· Review partners’ financial reports to ensure alignment with reported program activities and plans.
Contribute to general program management knowledge:**
· Collaborate with other members of Programs Team to develop and implement best practices in public health, clubfoot management, including parent education, outreach, and advocacy.
· Keep a finger on the pulse of relevant literature, articles, events, convenings, and trending news relevant to clubfoot treatment and expansion in West and Central Africa.
· Under the guidance of the Program Manager and in collaboration with the Programs Team, develop, refine, and implement MiracleFeet’s organizational priorities and strategic approaches.
· Monitor developments in the public health field to identify emerging needs, gaps, and opportunities in alignment with MiracleFeet’s Operating Plan.
· Collaborate with colleagues and external parties to facilitate regional and thematic knowledge-exchange convenings to promote learning among partners and clubfoot champions in West and Central Africa.
· Work collaboratively with other MiracleFeet team members and partners on cross-program projects, such as development of conference presentations, fundraising, and support for general program initiatives.
· Work to advocate and support the implementation of MiracleFeet innovation projects in compliance with each country partner’s national policy or relevant guidelines.
· Coordinate with Programs team to prepare regular program updates for Board meetings, staff meetings, annual reports, website updates and other forms of MiracleFeet communication.
· Participate in the advancement of organization-wide initiatives, including working groups or task forces.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
· Must have a graduate degree in public health, social development, international development, child development, or other related field.
· A minimum of five years’ experience in program management required, ideally in public health, child protection, or child-oriented development in West and Central Africa.
· Demonstrated experience in partners capacity strengthening and mentoring.
· Professional proficiency in English is required and French is preferred.
· Ability to travel regionally (up to 30% of the time)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong West and Central Africa-based network (in global health, human rights, child protection, or similar), as well as the gravitas and skills to engage key high-level stakeholders.
· Clear alignment with MiracleFeet’s approach and organizational values, including a deep capacity to work with and for national initiatives to facilitate the sustainable treatment of clubfoot in West and Central Africa.
· Commitment to realizing the incredible potential of clubfoot national programs and effective national leadership as pathways to long-term mechanisms in ending clubfoot disability in West and Central Africa.
· Demonstrated expertise in working with public health systems, and communities in West and Central Africa using participatory approaches.
· Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; ample proven experience preparing reports, concept notes and other documentation.
· Ability to analyze and interpret program data, use data to drive decision-making and share that information to multiple audiences is required.
· Ability to understand and manage the power differential in the funder-partner relationship as well as the ability to handle all relationships with humility and respect.
· Strong background with/in public health program implementation or advocacy initiatives.
· Experience in successfully establishing and managing collaborative relationships and partnerships with Ministry of Health or other relevant ministries/government agencies.
· Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively about clubfoot with people outside the field.
· An open, analytical, critical thinking mindset as well as a keen interest in learning.
· Please note that this is a remote position
· Applicants must already reside and have appropriate work permit for the above-mentioned country. Please note that MiracleFeet is unable to sponsor employment visas.
· Salary commensurate with experience.
· Position is on a contract basis. MiracleFeet will not be offering a US-based employment contract.
How to apply
Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume (in English) here: **
Once you submit your application, you should receive a notification confirming your materials were received. If you do not receive this automatic message, please contact [email protected] We also recommend you add [email protected] to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us. Please no phone calls.
Applications will be accepted until October 25th or until the position is filled. MiracleFeet is committed to creating a diverse environment and actively encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
MiracleFeet is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
MiracleFeet is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all employees to share this commitment. www.miraclefeet.org
- Job City Nigeria