Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor, ICYD Pending Funding
Reports to: COP (RTI) and dotted-line CR (CRS)
Department: CRS Uganda
You will lead strategy development in the field of OVC and provide technical leadership and advice in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to the ICYD project and Country Program (CP) teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your expertise, leadership, and influence will be key in determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ PEPFAR/USAID global/national OVC and youth development programming in Uganda.
The STA will contribute to the strategies needed to ensure the fulfillment of all technical requirements of ICYD. She or he will build strong, collaborative, cooperative and cohesive relationships with the all key stakeholders, including across the ICYD contractor team, local partners, government, the private sector, and the donor. She or he will promote k nowledge capture and dissemination of key learning to all stakeholders, as well as continuous innovation through Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA). S/he will uphold CRS’ high program quality standards and organizational values in all technical aspect of program implementation, specifically ensuring compliance to CRS’ Compass standards, MEAL policies and procedures and other technical guidance.
* Master’s Degree in medicine, public health, social work or international development required. PhD or equivalent degree (e.g., MD, DrPH, EdD) strongly preferred.
* Minimum of 12 years of work experience in a senior technical position leading strategy, programs, teams, and partners related to OVC and/or HIV/AIDS services; a focus on Africa is preferred, ideally with an international NGO. Experience with a multi-sectoral project with an OVC component a plus.
* Deep understanding and application of technical principles and concepts in OVC programs. Good knowledge of related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
* Proven experience as an effective team leader, supervisor, coach, and mentor to large teams with diverse skill sets and experiences; preferably in an African context.
* Proven experience in effectively managing complex project donors with multiple partners, experience with USAID budget management is required. Experience in USG contracts is preferred.
* Experience with implementation and reporting on USG contracts and demonstrated knowledge of USG regulations within USAID and PEPFAR projects.
Travel Required: Willingness and ability to travel nationally (approximately 25%) and internationally as required.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
E OE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- Job City Kampala