International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, on behalf of HarvestPlus, seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at its country office in Ibadan:
SME Technical Support Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
Value Chain Engineering:
- Work with investors in the biofortified food value chain to set-up small, micro and medium scale processing factories and guide construction sites, technical designs and drawings for effectiveness
- Work with value chain operators to understand and implement guidelines for the set of processing centers as required by government regulatory agencies (NAFDAC, SON, etc.) to ensure compliance with environmental and public health, food hygiene and safety standards, etc.
- Prepare reports, sketches, work drawings, specifications, proposals, and budgets to support investors on different scales, sites, and systems
- Work with investors to monitor construction activities and provide reports on observations made relating to environmental problems identified at construction sites etc.
- Materials Support the design and establishment of factory structures to facilitate easy flow and safety of and persons
- Provide advice and guidance for design interpretation and make modifications as necessary during the construction phase for complex structures at processing sites
- Design guidelines for machinery and equipment component, using computer-aided design technology
- Liaise with fabricators to ensure standards for agricultural machinery and equipment.
- Work with communication team to publish investors guide for equipment sourcing and set-up
- Develop and share catalog on standards for SMEs in gari, fufu, flour processing
- Carry out periodic visits to SMEs to monitor progress and ensure standards for food and health safety are adhered to
Value Chain Linkage and Information Technology:
- Develop and deploy data collection app (s) to improve market intelligence and linkage with emphasis on digital marketing using the BiofortStat
- Regularly source and upload market prices, products, services on BiofortStat to drive/stimulate demand and supply of biofortified crops and foods
- Design user-friendly testable websites from layout to function with clear navigation and an option to expand and scale when required
- Identify and deploy web services that would improve efficiency, data submission, support research and facilitate innovation across SMEs
- Provide a comprehensive system design to streamline work processes, address information deficiencies and gaps, and facilitate knowledge exchange and management for SMEs
- Support M&E and other units with ICT tools for field surveys and researches
- Review service-related reports (database backups, maintenance, monitoring) regularly to ensure service-related issues are identified and resolved
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Country Manager.’
- B.Sc / HND in Civil Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Computer Science or related field with minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar role.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies (COREN, NSE) and possession of relevant professional certificates in Information Communication Technology (ICT) or Structural engineering will be an added advantage.
- Expert use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, etc. Microsoft Office Applications – Word, PowerPoint, Outlook applications; Cloud data storage tools – GoogleDrive, DropBox, OneDrive.
- Good skills in reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Good skills in writing, editing, and proofreading, concept and construction/equipment designs
- Excellent quantitative skills, including advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, and at least one statistical data analysis software
- Ability to effectively convey program goals, enlist partnerships, and work with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- High degree of motivation, initiative, independence, reliability, adaptability, and professional maturity
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical, and innovative problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Ibadan, Oyo