The Role: Save the Children International (SCI) is looking for energetic and hard-working woman or man to serve as SMT Executive Assistant at the Freetown Coordination Offices, Sierra Leone. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The SMT Executive Assistant will be responsible to the Country Senior Management Team (SMT) for providing effective executive and administrative support services for the Country’s leadership. Specific duties include: Coordination and facilitation of SMT meetings and engagements, preparing correspondence, record management improvement plan (MIP) actions, scheduling appointments, planning/organising meetings and conferences, writing minutes, as well as monitoring the progress of various agreed SMT decisions to ensure that SMT decisions are followed through.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
FOR NATIONALS ONLY
- Higher National Diploma in; Mass Communication/Secretarial Practices/Business Administration preferably a university degree.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least three years’ work experience preferably with an International and Non-Governmental Organization, Government Parastatals or private sector in similar proposed field
- Proficiency in using MS Word, Excel and other computer software packages e.g. use of the e-mail
- Excellent English language communication proficiency and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail, along with an ability to analyse and evaluate different types of information
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization planning, records management and general administration.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff and public.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to respond to routine letters and prepare reports
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged information obtained in the course of work
- Must be willing to learn
- He/she shall establish harmonious and effective working relationship both within and outside the organization
- He/she must be innovative, passionate and commitment
- He/she shall work independently with little or no supervision
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months with possible extension
Closing Date: 07th April, 2023
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that – Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
- Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document and include details of your salary expectations for the role.
- Candidates should apply through the link that is provided by Careers.sl.
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Job City Sierra Leone