Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behavior towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
|Job Title||Store Keeper|
|Place of Work||Gedeb|
|Monthly Salary in ETB||As per the scale of the organization|
|No. of Positions||One|
|Length of Contract||Five Months with possible extension|
Receives purchased items, stores those them properly and issues them when they are needed; maintains proper records and prepare periodic reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks the quality and quantity and receives purchase items in accordance with the rules and regulation of the organization.
- Issues commodities as per established practices and SC/USA Ethiopia field offices commodity management procedures.
- Keeps inventors for all materials received and issued.
- Maintains warehouse register, bin card, and uses dispatch note in food dispatches.
- Supervisor loading & unloading of commodities and performance of labors engaged in handling loading/unloading of commodities
- Prepares porter payment details and submit to the finance to effect the payment on a timely basis.
- Ensures that the commodity officer is informed of any food shortage and storage problems and concern regarding safety of warehouse and commodities.
- Keeps the store in an orderly fashion to facilitate efficient receipt and issue of commodities and materials.
- Ensures that all food and non-food items are protected from pests, insects, rodents and birds attack.
- Ensures that proper stacking is practiced for easy physical count and fumigation purposes etc.
- Follows FIFO (First in first out) system.
- Ensures to prepare loss and damage reports as and when losses occur.
- Stores incoming items properly;
- Ensures that the store is tidy;
- Makes the store ready for inventory;
- Issues items following the store procedures set by the organization;
- Maintains properly records of received and issued items;
- Record all data properly & timely on the Team site
- Prepares periodic reports;
- Perform any other duties assigned immediate supervisor.
- Diploma/TVET with Accounting, IT & other related social science
- 2 year directly related experience or equivalent combination
- Training/experience in working with property systems and processes
- Ability to follow instructions accurately and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of basic computer skills is an asset.
- Very good skill in communication
- Good English written and oral communication skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through [email protected] before or on April 25, 2019.
- A CV (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You should provide them upon request otherwise your application will reject.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL ensuring that the job title is clearly stated in the cover letter. All applications should be received within 05 working days of this advertisement.
We need to keep children safe and as such, our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will, therefore, be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.
Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicants, if invited for written exam or interview.
- Job City Gedeb