Vacancy No. CGHR/125/02/20
Program description: This program is collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute and the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine whose remit is to conduct research in Malaria, HIV and other diseases. Due to its continued growth, the program has a vacancy in the PROSYNK project within the Malaria Branch.
REPORTING TO: Site Coordinator
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Minimum experience of one year in a maternal and child health clinic and/or maternity unit/ paediatric unit.
- Must live near the study clinic
- GCP training
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili- both written and oral.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to work well in a team, with the public and to collaborate with counterparts.
- Able to write regular reports in a timely manner
- Able to work closely with ministry of health MCH/maternity/pediatric units
- Knowledge of Dholuo will be an added advantage
- Previous research experience will be an added advantage
The study clinician will report to the site coordinator and will be responsible for day to day conduct of project activities.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
- Conduct day to day project activities according to GCP standards
- To attend to study participants admitted in hospital
- Assist in referral of ill children for hospitalization as needed
- Develop a clear understanding of the algorithm which guides the clinical assessment and investigation of sick children
- Develop an in-depth understanding of study procedures, design and goals
- Assist with participant education and informed consent
- Conduct participant interviews, collect samples and complete study case report forms as per SOP requirements
- Assist with preparing weekly and monthly reports to monitor progress of recruitment
- Guide community health workers and community interviewers on screening and identification of potential participants.
- Attend and participate in site meetings
- Assist with quality control of case report forms
- Assist with other duties as assigned by management
Terms of Employment:
- One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service.
- Probation period for the first 3 months.
- Salary negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
Method of Application
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (indicate vacancy number)
- Current Resume or CV, with names and contact information
- 3 names of referees included in the CV or 3 letters of reference
- Copies of Certificates or transcripts
- Copies of KEMRI approved GCP certificate (CITI, FHI 360, NIH)
Applications should be addressed to the Deputy Director, CGHR, P. O. Box 1578 – 40100, Kisumu to reach him not later than March 26, 2020
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Homa Bay