Below is the summary of the specific Roles:
· Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
· Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
· Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
· Manage the administrative inventory management documents as per PSI Nigeria policy.
· Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through PSI Nigeria warehouse(s).
· Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, program, and sales, to review the supply plan and ensure warehouse space availability for inbound commodities.
· Advise the Operations Manager of potential inventory expiry
· Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment, ensuring clear safety procedures.
· Manage the loading/unloading procedures using casual laborers in the warehouse, stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
· Advise the Operations Manager of warehouse-specific issues or improvements
· Manage the warehouse facility ensuring good order, tidiness, access to stock and adequate space for receiving, packing and dispatching stock per PSI Global Warehousing Policy
· In collaboration with the Program leads, the Supply Chain Officer will be responsible for quality stock control, proper storage and release of stock.
· Ensure safety of PSI Nigeria commodities and supplies.
· Receive completed warehouse requisition request forms and prepare the items for dispatch/release.
· Ensure goods, equipment are signed for when issued from the warehouse.
· Prepare a monthly report for PSI inventory and share with the responsible department for the needed action.
· On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Manager to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
· Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Operations Manager in a timely manner.
· Strategic management and oversight of the supply chain activities in PSI Nigeria
Goods Receipts and Distribution:
· Receipt of all PSI Nigeria goods and commodities into the warehouse.
· Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of the store contents, and inbound and outbound of goods in the warehouse register or stock cards.
· Responsible for arranging and overseeing the transportation of goods in accordance with PSI Nigeria procedures.
· Prioritize dispatch needs in conjunction with program, packaging of stock inventory for distribution per distribution order.
· Supervise truck loading and documentation follow up.
· Organize monthly inventory site reconciliation meeting between sales and finance teams
· Suggest to sales, key sales indicators and provision of market intelligence for improvement of social franchise activities
· Development of reconciliation templates for inventory site commodity tracking
· Prepare monthly inventory valuation summary for use in Field Finance package report from QBE accounting software
· Input item receipt for products and services procured by PSI Nigeria into QBE accounting software
· Upload of monthly amortizations and item receipt documents into PSI Nigeria scan and attach SharePoint pages
· Advise the Operations Manager of asset-specific issues or improvements
· Update as per PSI Global requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and store inventory list and produce monthly reports.
· Manage the security of PSI Nigeria assets.
· Receive completed asset request forms and prepare the assets for issuance.
· Ensure assets are signed for received on the Equipment issue and receipt form
· On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Manager to reconcile the asset register and Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
· Update the asset register regularly.
· Conduct routine asset inspection and submit report to the Operations Manager in a timely manner.
· Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of all PSI Nigeria asset
· Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
What are we looking for?
· A Degree in Logistics, Administration, Procurement, or related field.
· At least 2 year working experience in Supply Chain and logistics
· Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills required.
· Good initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
· Ability to pay attention to detail
· Advanced knowledge of Excel and good overall Microsoft skills with ability to use spreadsheets, databases and other IT programmes
· Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions quickly
· Ability to work in an organized and systematic manner
· An excellent team player
· Complex problem solving
· Good time management skills and ability to prioritize
· Good business ethics
· Knowledgeable in the use of ERP systems (QuickBooks Enterprise)
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
· Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
· Pragmatism: You will strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You will not be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
· Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it is the only way you will learn and improve.
· Collaboration: You will quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you will not succeed.
· Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
· Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
How to apply
All interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive resume with a cover letter as ONE PDF/Word document to the e-mail addresses c[email protected] and [email protected] using the position title and location as the subject of the e-mail.
- Job City abuja