In Tanzania, CRS has served vulnerable communities for over 50 years and implements its programs through partnerships with the Government of Tanzania, International and local organizations and community entities for maximum impact and sustainability. CRS will be working in consortium with other international and national NGOs, and private sector partners, with the aim of expanding and sustaining the provision and governance of WASH services.
As Technical Specialist, you will provide technical advice and support to implementation issues in the area of WASH and Water Resource Management, which in this project will be strongly linked with efforts of strengthening basin water boards and water user and improving water catchment areas management. Your advice, knowledge, and support will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ WASH programming will be in this project. This position is for the anticipated USAID WASH Activity and is contingent upon approved donor funding.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
* Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
* Able to research, learn and implement new technologies quickly
* Good technical writing skills
* Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
* Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
Required Languages – Excellent command of written and spoken English required, Swahili highly desirable.
Travel – Position is based in Dar es Salaam. Must be willing and able to travel within Tanzania up to 60 %.
* Master’s in Water and Sanitation Engineering, Civil Engineering, Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering and Public Health or another related field strongly preferred.
* Five years of relevant experience in an advisory or management role for WASH programming, preferably working in the field contributing to or managing WASH projects.
* Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for water supply, sanitation and hygiene in development or humanitarian programs.
* Experience in WASH programming that includes access to, and provision of safe drinking water, practical, effective and innovative sanitation solutions, and applied behavior change approaches through hygiene promotion and community engagement.
* Experience in integrated water resource management, specifically community-driven initiatives for improved Water and Catchment Management.
* Experience working in rural areas with Water and Sanitation Operators in Tanzania.
* Knowledge of capacity strengthening best practices.
* Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
* Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
* Project management experience in WASH and Water Resource Management is highly desirable.Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job de scription is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- Job City Dar es Salaam