New Ways has been operating in south-central zones of Somalia since 1993, delivering multi-sectorial programs in health, nutrition, education, protection, food security and livelihoods our health programs cover: Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal and child health. Our geographic focus covers Lower / Middle Shabelle, Bay, Galgaduud, and Banaadir regions.
New Ways in partnership with SHF is currently implementing health project under the title: Lifesaving integrated health for Women and children of IDP and vulnerable host community in El Bur district in Galgadud region.
IMCI is a core component of the GAPPD which consists of three key elements: 1) improving case management skills of health-care staff; 2) improving overall health systems and 3) improving family and community health practices.
New ways organization is seeking services of professionally qualified and experienced facilitators to conduct training on INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT OF CHILDHOOD ILLNESSES (IMCI).
PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT
v Deliverable Integrated Management of childhood illnesses (IMCI) training for health workers in Elbur district in Galgaduud region.
v Coordinate the other facilitator counterpart to ensure roles and responsibilities around the agenda and the facilitation of the training sessions are clear. Where necessary, gather feedback from participants on the training process and contents.
v Conduct pre and post training evaluation of all trainees at the beginning of the training, and the end of training.
v Compile and share the session/training evaluation and feedback report with the New Ways health team. As the lead facilitator, compile a comprehensive training report in collaboration with the other facilitators for each training session and a final training report. Specific emphasis should be on the training content, process, and linkages to capacity building strategies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FACILITATORS
v Participate in the pre-training planning meeting
v Facilitate training sessions of health workers staff on necessary skills using IMCI checklist and training manuals
v Specific emphasis should be on the training content, process, and linkages to capacity building strategies.
v A comprehensive training report with pre- and post-evaluation and pictures
v Methodology Training would entail the use of generic WHO IMCI Training Modules (8) in number.
v Post training supervision visits will involve the use of outpatient skills checklist.
· At least 2 years of proven experience in regard to IMCI program design and implementation, maternal and child health, pediatrics with strong training management skills.
· Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas.
· Good writing and communication skills.
· Computer skills, including strong quantitative analysis and reporting tools.
· Fluency in written and spoken English required.
· Solid analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the work place.
· Resource fullness, judgment and maturity.
NB: Applicants from Guri El and Dhusamareb are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants are asked to send their application no later than 5th Dec 2019 through [email protected]
- Job City GURICEL TOWN