RTI (www.rti.org) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
The overall objective of E-WASH is to assist the Government of Nigeria to expand and improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial and technical viability of select State Water Boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. The E-WASH activity will concentrate on solidifying state, municipal, and utility level governance gains, manifested in improved water supply services, and an improved ability to regulate, manage, and expand sanitation services.
As part of the continued implementation of the E-WASH, the program has a utility support fund aimed at supporting utilities to improve their performance either in terms of water production or management.
The Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) project seeks to recruit a consultant to support the management in coordinating a number of the activities related to the Utility Support Fund.
Utility Support Fund Network Mapping Consultant
- Coordinate with the UTSs in the states in ensuring that the Request for Quotation for items has all the right specifications
- Work with the USF manager to ensure that the quoted items meet the specifications and purpose for use
- Coordinate with the UTSs on the delivery and installation of the equipment that will be delivered
- Work with the international STTA in finalizing the generic NRW strategy.
- Coordinate with the UTSs on the development of the state-based strategies for reduction of NRW
- Review the SoW for the development of network maps in the states
- Review the CVs for the consultants to be identified in this respect
- Work with HR in procuring the short-term consultants
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The main objective of this assignment is to support the Utility Support Fund Manager with all the technical matters related to the procurement, delivery and installation of mainly engineering related equipment. This assignment will also include working with the international STTA on the production of state based NRW strategies, identification of DMA zones, development of items to be procured as part of this assignment.
- A report for the state utility reviewed comprising:
- A report on the procurements for the USF
- NRW generic strategy
- State based NRW strategies
- Assessment report on consultancies to be recruited for the assignment on network mapping
Qualifications and Experience
The Consultant should have at least Masters (M.Sc). Civil, Mechanical or Electrical engineering or a directly related field with 10 years’ experience in utility operations or B.Sc. in same education background with 15 years’ similar experience
- A minimum of 10 years of senior management experience; preferable in a water utility
- Experience overseeing the delivery and installation of water utility equipment
- Extensive knowledge of international best practices in procurement regulations and procedures.
- Experience with fund management.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use current MS office computer package
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English language
We offer a highly competitive remuneration.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a CV (not more than 5 pages) to [email protected] not later than October 17th 2019 clearly specifying the position as the SUBJECT of the email.
- Job City Abuja