The MoBreed mobility grant is open to all students from any of the partner universities (Target Group 1) and secondly to students from other African universities (Target Group 2). Currently, 24 MSc scholarships and 9 Academic / Administrative staff exchange are available.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Doctoral and MSc programmes.
Eligible Countries: The MoBreed mobility grant is open to all students from any of the partner universities (Target Group 1) and secondly to students from other African universities (Target Group 2).
Target Group 1:
This category includes students from all partners universities as follows:
- University of Abomey-Calavi; Benin
- University of KwaZulu-Natal; South Africa
- University of Namibia; Namibia
- Jimma University; Ethiopia
- Ebonyi State University; Nigeria
Target Group 2:
All other African countries.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
To be eligible for a scholarship (i.e. financial support to third parties), master students as well as doctoral candidates referred to as ‘’students’’ must comply with the below criteria at the time of the application for a scholarship:
- Be a national and resident in any of the eligible countries covered by the Intra-Africa Mobility programme of the EACEA and
- Be registered/admitted in or having obtained an HEI degree (or equivalent) from
- one of the HEIs included in the MoBreed consortium (Target group 1)
- an HEI not included in the No breed consortium but established in an eligible country (Target group 2) and
- Have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses in the host countries.
Students can only benefit from one scholarship under the Intra-Africa or Intra-ACP academic mobility scheme (regardless of the type of mobility or the funding project).
Students have benefited from scholarship(s) under the previous intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme cannot receive the scholarship under the Intra-Africa academic mobility.
In order to meet the general selection requirements for MSc Mobility Grant (maximum 12 months’ scholarship mainly for research), the applicant must have completed the first two semesters of a Master of Science course in Agronomy, Biology or any related fields in his home country. Students with Genetics, Biotechnology, and plant breeding background are highly encouraged to apply. It is obligatory that the students have their first year MSc Academic transcripts.
Students considering to study in South Africa should also send their qualifications to SAQA for evaluation. UKZN will only accept the students if their qualification is rated as equivalent to a South African honours degree by SAQA. Access the SAQA website at www.SAQA.org.za. The form is also uploaded on Mobreed website.
For Academic/ Administrative staff, applicants should hold an MSc or PhD degree in Genetics, Biotechnology, Plant Breeding, Agronomy, Biology or any related fields. The person with Genetics, Biotechnology, and plant breeding background are highly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application: Applicants should submit completed application and all supporting documents by email to lydia.sognon-at-gmail.com with a copy to mobreed.uac-at-gmail.com by 05th October 2018. They should indicate in the subject line (if submitting by email) or super scribe the envelope (if submitting by post) ‘Application for MoBreed MSc/Staff exchange programme‘. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Admission regulations for Doctoral and MSc Studies are to be found from prospective HEIs website. This application is for MoBreed Project scholarships only. The Scholarship application form together with other required documents should be sent as a unique PDF attachment to: emails indicated above. You may download the MS Word version of the application form, and complete it before sending. Important also is the student proposal that should be sent together within the application as ONE SINGLE DOCUMENT, preferably PDF. Other required documents are listed in the application form and include:
- Cover letter
- Scholarship Application form (this document)
- Student proposal (guidelines available online)
- National ID or Copy of Passport Data page
- Certificate of degree
- Transcript records
- Support letter from sending HEIs
- Recommendation letter of home supervisor (mandatory for all applicants)
- Enrollment proof in degree course from home institution (for MSc applicants)
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Employment certificate (only for staff)
- Certificate of English or French language skills
- Proof of socio-economic vulnerability (if available)
Scholarship Application Deadline: October 5, 2018