The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) in conjunction with the MTN Foundation (MTNF), announces entrance examinations for the fifteenth (15th) set of the MTNF/MUSON Diploma Course in Music for the 2020 – 2021 academic year. The MUSON School of Music is staffed and equipped to meet international standards in Music education.
Admission into MTNF / MUSON Diploma Course in Music for 2020 / 2021 Academic Year
Exam Date & Form
The examinations will take place in “September 21st – 23rd, 2020” and will take the form of:
- A written examination in music theory at approximately Grade 5 standard and general music knowledge
- An audition on a major instrument or voice of at least Grade 5 standard, before a Faculty jury.
- An aural interview.
Applicants for the MTNF /MUSON diploma course in Music are expected to possess the following minimum academic requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (G.C.E) Ordinary Level with credit in at least five subjects including English Language. Or
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with credits in at least five subjects including English Language.
- The five credits must have been obtained at not more than two sittings and before admission to the diploma course.
- Practical: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of The MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School such as The Associated Board of the Royal School of music or Trinity.
- Theory: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School.
Note: Applicants who possess the above practical or theoretical certificates must also satisfied the GCE (O/L) or SSCE requirements. Interested Applicants who are deficient in the theory requirements but display an outstanding practical ability in the option of the faculty jury, may be considered for admission but must enroll in the remedial theory course to meet the necessary standard by the end of the first year.
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit completed forms and attached Passport Photograph scanned to: [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected] alongside copies of their certificate.
All Applications should reach the:
MUSON School of Music,
8/9 Marina, Onikan,
Click Here to Fill Application Form (docs)
Click Here for More Information
Important Information / Notice
- Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
- Only short-listed applicants will be notified by September 14th, 2020 and given an examination number which permits them to take examinations, auditions and interview.
- Successful candidates from the examinations will be invited for admission.
- MUSON shall be solely responsible for final selection of successful candidates.