The UWC movement is a non-profit making organization with International Headquarters in London. The Nigeria National Committee was founded in 1982. Currently Mr. Hakeem Belo-Osagie (an alumnus of UWC) is the Chairman of the Committee while Mr. Akintola Williams (CBE, OFR) is the National Patron.
Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (UWC) invites applications for:
United World Colleges (UWC) 2019 Scholarship Award
- The Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (UWC) invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerian candidates for a limited number of needs based scholarship awards and fee paying places in some UWCs.
- The colleges prepare students for a two-year International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Certificate.
- Parents/Guardians may be required to foot the bills of their wards flight ticket, pocket money, health insurance, clothing etc. where applicable. Some scholarship awards may only partially cover the cost of tuition and accommodation.
To be eligible to apply:
- Candidates must have demonstrated outstanding academic ability and must have obtained the Senior School Certificate SSC/GCE ‘O Levels or their recognized equivalent.
- Exceptional students in SS3 may also apply on the basis of their 2 years continuous assessment.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 16 and 17 years.
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2019.
Method of Application
Application forms can be obtained on the payment of N6,000.00 (Six Thousand Naira only) by a Bank Draft drawn on any Nigerian Bank in favor of the Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (Contact us for account details).
Candidates from any public school who are nominated by the school may obtain the forms at the cost of N600.00 (Six Hundred Naira only)
Forms can also be downloaded HERE (PDF) but all applications must be submitted at any of the centres below or scanned and sent directly to our email: [email protected] with the prescribed fees within the application period.
Forms can also be Purchased and Submitted at any of the following Centres below:
Nigerian National Committee Secretariat
13th Floor, St. Nicholas House,
Catholic Mission Street,
Lagos – Nigeria.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 07011397295, 08071018014
Dr. Kevin Ihenetu
Citizenship and Leadership Training Centre,
Plot 1075, Joseph Gomwalk Street, After Bahamas Plaza,
Gudu – Abuja.
Mrs. Chioma Nwigwe
18 Egbelo Street, Off Okporo Road,
Port Harcourt – Rivers State.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a rigorous selection exercise at the Sea School Apapa holding from Friday, February 22nd to Sunday, February 24th, 2019. Candidates invited for the interview will be required to pay N6,000.00 (Six Thousand naira only) interview fee to defray the cost of feeding, lodging etc.