The UWC movement is a non-profit making organization with International Headquarters in London. The Nigerian National Committee was founded in 1982. Currently, Mr Hakeem Belo-Osagie (an alumnus of UWC) is the Chairman of the Committee while Mr. Akintola Williams (CBE, OFR) is the National Patron. The UWC movement seeks outstanding students who want to become change-makers for a better world, regardless of their socio-economic, religious, national, ethnic or cultural background. If you are a passionate learner, excited at the prospect of studying and living with young people from around the world, a UWC education is for you.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Nigerian National Committee Annual UWC Scholarship Award / Selection Exercise 2022
- The Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (UWC) invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerian candidates for a limited number of need-based scholarship awards and fee-paying places in some UWCs for entry in September 2022.
- The Colleges prepare students for a two-year International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Certificate.
- Parents/Guardians may be required to foot the bills of their wards flight ticket, pocket money, health insurance, clothing, etc. where applicable. Some scholarship awards may only partially cover the cost of tuition and accommodation.
To be eligible to apply:
- Candidates must have demonstrated outstanding academic ability and must have obtained the Senior School Certificate SSC/GCE ‘O Levels or their recognized equivalent.
- Exceptional students in SS3 may also apply on the basis of their 2 years continuous assessment.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 16 and 17 years (birth certificate required).
- Candidates must also submit an essay and Principal’s recommendation with their application
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2021.
Method of Application
An Application fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) is payable on submission of the application while candidates from any public school who are nominated by the school may pay a reduced fee of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira only). Payment is by a Bank Draft drawn on any Nigerian Bank in favour of the Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (Call / WhatsApp 07011397295 for account details). Alternatively, pay through Flutterwave Payment Gateway on our website www.ng.uwc.org.
Forms can be downloaded HERE
Forms can also be purchased and/or submitted at any of our purchasing and submitting centres below in Abuja or Port Harcourt:
Dr. Kevin Ihenetu (Abuja Purchasing Centre),
Citizenship and Leadership Training Centre,
Plot 1075, Joseph Gomwalk Street, After Bahamas Plaza,
Gudu – Abuja.
Mrs. Chioma Nwigwe (Port Harcourt Purchasing Center),
18 Egbelo Street, Off Okporo Road,
Port Harcourt – Rivers State.
All Applications must be submitted with the required documents and prescribed fees within the application period at any of the aforementioned centres above or scanned and sent directly to our email: [email protected]
Click here to submit online
In the past, shortlisted candidates have been invited for a rigorous selection exercise at the Sea School Apapa Lagos. In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the National Committee will monitor the situation carefully and determine the most appropriate way to conduct the selection exercise in November / December 2021 so as to safeguard the lives and health of the participants.
Note: If you wish to set-up an appointment to discuss your application, please contact us via: Email: [email protected] ; Tel: 07011397295.