The University of Southern Denmark is inviting applications for a PhD fellowship in statistics. This fellowship is available at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (IMADA), the University of Southern Denmark with starting date 1 September 2018 or soon thereafter.
Course Level: Position is available to pursue PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
SDU is looking for a person with a strong interest in mathematical statistics and probability theory who holds a Master’s degree in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics or Statistics. Excellent candidates who have not yet completed their Master study, but are in good progress will also be equally considered. Preferably the candidate has knowledge of order statistics or extreme value theory. Some programming skills and familiarity with statistical software packages is also advantageous.
Method of Application:
To apply for a position at the University of Southern Denmark, we kindly ask you to fill in the requested information and to enclose your application, CV, and other relevant information. All fields marked * MUST be filled in. Unless otherwise specified in the job announcement, application and appendices must be in Danish or English.
The application must be made in the form of a Declaration of Interest including the following:
• A research proposal/description of your approach to the above project (max one page excluding references)
• A letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages) (please attach this under box “Application form”)
• Detailed CV, including personal contact information
• Copies of diplomas, Bachelor as well as Master’s degree, including the transcript of notes/grades
• At least two signed reference letters. Should your referees wish to send their letters directly to us, please have them use e-mail: anc-at-sdu.dkmentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line. And please note that these also need to reach us before the deadline.
Scholarship Application Deadline: June 1, 2018