The King Scholar Leadership Program seeks low-income students with high potential from developing nations who are interested in alleviating poverty in their home countries.
Course Level: Undergraduate
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): USA
Eligibility Criteria: All eligible international applicants to Dartmouth will be considered for the King Leadership Scholar program.
Selection Criteria: The King Scholars Program looks for students who are:
- Involved in their communities
- Passionate about creating positive change
- Interested in alleviating poverty in their own countries
- Capable of succeeding at a top U.S. university
- Driven to succeed in whatever they do
- Proficient in English
The Dartmouth Admissions Office selects students for this special honor who embody the vision of the program, including a commitment to alleviating poverty, a record of academic excellence, and a passion for global issues.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: King Scholars receive 4-year scholarships and extensive mentoring and leadership training.
Duration of Programme: 4 Years
Method of Application:
- There is no special application; instead, each applicant must complete The Common Application. Learn more about applying to Dartmouth.
- Applicants to Dartmouth who are interested in the King Leadership Scholar program are also encouraged to send an additional recommendation from a mentor, teacher, advisor, community leader, friend or clergy member through the Recommend a Scholar portal.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 2nd January 2019 (Regular Decision)