Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship.
- We recognise the importance and impact of education in the life of every Nigerian youth.
- The scholarship initiative is in continuance of our goal to support dreams and aspirations of Nigerian youths as we have been doing over the years through various activities such as Youth Leadership Series (YLS), Higher Institution Football League (HIFL) and so on.
- The scholarship programme is aimed at encouraging hard work and academic excellence amongst Nigerian undergraduates and it is open to students who participated in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and have gained admission into any Nigerian state or federal university.
- In the words of Dr Demola Sogunle, Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, the organisation recognises the importance and impact of education in the life of every Nigerian youth. According to him: “Education empowers and encourages the youth to prepare for the future while also confronting challenges. Education is a panacea for growth and enduring development of any nation or organisation.”
The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship (The “Scholarship”) by Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC (“Stanbic IBTC”, “we” or “us”) is only available to Applicants (“Applicants”, “They” or “You”) who:
- Reside in Nigeria and participated in the 2021 University Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
- Have a score of 250 and above in University Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME)
- Have gained admission and have been properly enrolled in a Nigerian Federal or State University (“University”) with relevant evidence.
- The Scholarship is awarded on the basis that you will maintain an enrolled status at the University in your admitted degree programme
- The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship does not apply to employees of Stanbic IBTC and/or their immediate family members, where there are entries by employees of Stanbic IBTC or their immediate family members, it will not be rewarded.
- Stanbic IBTC reserves the right to decline participation in the Scholarship for any applicant at their discretion.
- The Scholarship will only be awarded to 100 Applicants spread across the 36 States of the federation and FCT with a minimum of 2 Applicants per State.
- The Scholarship will be offered on a first come, first serve basis until the 100 slots are allocated.
- Scholarships will only be awarded to Applicants that follow the instructions and meet all the eligibility criteria.
- Winners will only be contacted through the valid email address they provide.
- All documents submitted by applicants will go through Stanbic IBTC verification process.
- Applicants who plan on studying courses related to the “Future of work” will be an added advantage (for example Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, IT and so on).
- Where an Applicant applies more than once/multiple times, they shall still be entitled to only oneScholarship slot.
- The decisions of Stanbic IBTC are final in all matters relating to the Scholarship.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
The following documents are required for upload to apply for the scholarship:
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Valid ID Card
- UTME Result
- O’Level (WAEC, NECO or GCE) Statement of Result or Certificate
- JAMB or University Admission Letter
- No application shall be accepted after the entry/application expiration date.
- By applying, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, the
- rules/terms and conditions (as may be amended, supplemented or novated), which are final and binding on all the Applicants. Winning/receiving a scholarship is contingent upon you meeting all the eligibility criteria, fulfilling all the requirements and complying with all the conditions.
- This scholarship is not (at all) sponsored by, run by or associated with, Facebook,LinkedIn or Instagram.
- For further enquiries, please send an email to: [email protected]